PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Snacks at MK?

lawgirl
07-18-2015, 05:22 PM
Hey all! We are headed down in a couple of days and are doing Mk for the first time in years. We usually do the MNSSHP and MVMCP at MK, so haven't actually been on a regular day in probably 5-6 years. This trip, we decided to go ahead and do MK. We almost always do Cosmic Rays for dinner, and sometimes do the Village Haus, but other than that, it's been so long since I've searched for snacks and places to eat at MK. We have reservations at BOG for dinner this time.

What are your favorite places to snack? Any special bakeries or hidden treats?

And what about late morning snack, and lunch? I'm thinking the Columbia Harbor House for lunch.

Would love any ideas or recommendations!

bunch
07-18-2015, 06:38 PM
Hello, hubby and I were at WDW in April. I had a list of snacks I wanted to try. I love the Dole Whip at Aloha Isle and Citrus Swirl at Sunshine Tree Terrace both in Adventure Land and Pineapple softserve Ice cream at the Poly. Lou Mongello is my goto guy for Best of Disney...here is a good article on his top list for snacks at the MK......
http://www.wdwradio.com/2014/08/disney-twenty-something-best-snacks-magic-kingdom-park-land/

lawgirl
07-18-2015, 07:18 PM
Hello, hubby and I were at WDW in April. I had a list of snacks I wanted to try. I love the Dole Whip at Aloha Isle and Citrus Swirl at Sunshine Tree Terrace both in Adventure Land and Pineapple softserve Ice cream at the Poly. Lou Mongello is my goto guy for Best of Disney...here is a good article on his top list for snacks at the MK......
http://www.wdwradio.com/2014/08/disney-twenty-something-best-snacks-magic-kingdom-park-land/

Oh yay! Thank you!

VWL Mom
07-18-2015, 08:33 PM
My absolute favorite is the Nutella and Fruit Waffle at Sleepy Hollow. It's a wonderful sweet snack to share between 2 people. For my boys it's their Funnel Cakes (one with strawberries and one without) - they're not good at sharing :blush:

Kairi_7378
07-18-2015, 08:35 PM
My favorite MK treat is the Citris Swirl. (DH is on Team Dole Whip.) Columbia Harbor House is our favorite MK lunch spot.

EeyoresBestFriend
07-19-2015, 04:37 PM
Vote us in for the Citrus Swirl as well.

We also loved the strawberry swirl, but sadly, it is no more :(

Disney Doll
07-19-2015, 09:45 PM
Dole float for sure for me! I also really like the cinnamon rolls and lefou's brew at Gaston's tavern. We almost always grab a snack from Big Top Treats in the Storybook Circus area. Lots of cookies, dipped marshmallows, and dipped apples. The kids love picking something with fun decorations.

lawgirl
07-20-2015, 10:39 AM
Dole float for sure for me! I also really like the cinnamon rolls and lefou's brew at Gaston's tavern. We almost always grab a snack from Big Top Treats in the Storybook Circus area. Lots of cookies, dipped marshmallows, and dipped apples. The kids love picking something with fun decorations.

That sounds fun! We are definitely planning on hitting the circus area this time. We've never taken the time to stop there. The kids will love that!

Hammer
07-20-2015, 11:06 AM
As much as I love food that many consider "fancy", when it comes to a snack in MK, we love getting popcorn and a soda. It is our go to MK snack.

I am not a fan of pineapple, so I don't do Dole Whips.

Disney Doll
07-20-2015, 11:10 AM
As much as I love food that many consider "fancy", when it comes to a snack in MK, we love getting popcorn and a soda. It is our go to MK snack.

I am not a fan of pineapple, so I don't do Dole Whips.
Absolutely! WDW has the best popcorn of any I've tried. That smell calls to me when I'm waiting for a parade to start.

Pooh Fan
07-20-2015, 03:34 PM
Gotta have the Dole whip float while I watch Wishes.

AvonleaCF
07-21-2015, 11:01 AM
I can't resist a Mickey soft pretzel.

Egg rolls from the wagon in Adventureland are great.

Dole whip.

Soft serve vanilla hot fudge sundae from Auntie Gravity's or the window in Fantasyland next to Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

I want to try the waffle with Nutella sandwich on my next trip. It looks amazing!

lawgirl
07-21-2015, 01:29 PM
I can't resist a Mickey soft pretzel.

Ooohhh! My son LOVES pretzels. Are these available at a certain location? Or just carts throughout the park? Yum!

snowflakegirl
07-21-2015, 02:37 PM
My favorite is the Dole Whip float. :-)

#1donaldfan
07-21-2015, 04:09 PM
For the MK, Columbia HH is great along with any of the popcorn vendors. If you want a great burger try the Plaza. We found that little gem two trips ago and now call it a favorite !! Root beer floats are pretty atop my list too !! :mickey:

AvonleaCF
07-22-2015, 08:04 AM
Ooohhh! My son LOVES pretzels. Are these available at a certain location? Or just carts throughout the park? Yum!

There's a stand in Frontierland on the path across from Country Bears that has them. And if you get the cheese sauce they're out of this world. :)

lawgirl
07-22-2015, 09:55 AM
Then we will be heading that direction! Thank you!

SurferStitch
07-22-2015, 12:43 PM
My absolute favorite is the Nutella and Fruit Waffle at Sleepy Hollow. It's a wonderful sweet snack to share between 2 people.

Must try this on our next trip!!! :cloud9:

I love to go to the Confectionery and get just about ANYTHING from the sweets counter.... rice crispy treats, cookies, fudge, and anything with peanut butter and chocolate!!

magicofdisney
07-22-2015, 01:22 PM
Big Top Treats also has homemade caramel popcorn. So good when it's fresh. However, this pales in comparison to the Werther's homemade caramel popcorn at the Germany pavilion at Epcot. :eat:

At the confectionary on Main Street they have these giant cookies at the freshly made counter. My personal favorite is the peanut butter with peanut butter chips (I love peanut butter the way some people love chocolate). They also have a chocolate/peanut butter chip combo and a chocolate chip cookie. The chips in these cookies are HUGE.

Mendelson
07-24-2015, 10:39 AM
There are a few things that you just simply can't go wrong with, I think.

The skolebrød ("school bread") in the Kringla Bakery (Og Kafe!) in Norway
Pretty much anything from the caramel place in Germany
Dole Whip float, natch
Previously-mentioned Sleep Holly waffle treats with Nutella
The chocolate-covered pineapple, available in a few places, but notably in the Big Top
The caramelapplesohmygoshthecaramelapples!! CMs will tell you the Apple Pie Apple is the best and it is darn good. I think you probably can't go wrong with any of them.
Mickey Bars, of course.
The croque glaces at L'artisan des Glaces in France. Relatively new and extremely good.
Les Halles is chock full of great pastries...ask a CM for a recommendation.

Upon review, it appears I have a bit of a sweet tooth. :-)