PDA

View Full Version : Grand Villa at the Boardwalk

DisneyGiant
07-17-2015, 07:40 PM
We are thinking of booking one next year as a special treat, knowing that we'd be sacrificing 2017 to do so.

Anyone know if they are hard to get at 7 months out?

CanadianWDWFan
07-17-2015, 08:01 PM
It depends on when you go, if you want to go during the Food and Wine you won't get it. Boardwalk tends to be one of the more popular resorts and I know that last summer they were running at over 95% occupancy.

You can only try, maybe since it takes so many points you might get lucky. Or maybe even try waitlisting it.

DisneyGiant
07-17-2015, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the advice. We're targeting end of June/beginning of July.

Goofy Dad 13
09-04-2015, 02:39 PM
You can try, but they usually fill up before the 7 month window. A lot of points, but a good deal compared to other grand villas, and you get a BW view.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
09-09-2015, 02:46 PM
We stayed in a BW Grand Villa during Thanksgiving week 2013 with 10 of us (my wife and I, our (at the time) pre-teen daughter and 5 of her pre-teen friends, and her two younger brothers.) It was awesome! The room was HUGE! The six girls were able to take the two "regular" bedrooms while my wife and I were on the opposite end of the villa in the master bedroom with the two boys sharing the pull-out couch in the living room (which was all the way on the end of the common area closest to us in the master bedroom). With that setup, the girls were able to have a ton of privacy. They even had their own balconies (and they used them a lot since I'm pretty sure they didn't bother sleeping more than a couple of hours each night!). Biggest room we've ever stayed in and probably ever will!

I know that wasn't your question, but I thought I'd throw in how great I thought the BW Grand Villas are. To answer your question, I've always noticed that studios and one-bedroom villas tend to book up sooner, leaving two-bedrooms and grand villas available. There aren't as many people who want the rooms that cost more points or who have enough points to even book the two-bedrooms and grand villas. (Granted, I know there are fewer of those types of rooms.) I am just speculating, but since you aren't going over Easter / spring break / Thanksgiving break / winter break, I would think there is a reasonable chance a BW Grand Villa will be available for you at the 7-month mark. I have my fingers crossed for you because these are great rooms!