PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan

Pastcastmemberdaughter
07-16-2015, 11:09 PM
Looking at purchasing the plus dining plan for our next trip. We are AP Holders and have never looked in to it/worried about it. Now with two kids we are seriously looking at it because of character meals.

As AP holders we have to purchase the dining plan, as I understand, so with the extra character meals and such: 1) is it worth it, 2) how do you maximize the savings, 3) any advice/recommendations on what we should use the dining plan with or should we drop the whole idea.

tjstrike
07-17-2015, 03:45 AM
We always do the DDP, sometimes QS, sometimes TS. If you plan on doing character meals you should plan on using the DDP because they're quite expensive !! I think our next trip in December, 4 of our 7 TS meals are character meals. Some will tell you it's too much food, some will tell you that it's not cost effective anymore but we still use it and like it.

Strmchsr
07-17-2015, 07:38 AM
Some will tell you it's too much food, some will tell you that it's not cost effective anymore but we still use it and like it.

Yep. I agree with both of those, but every family is different. We never do the DDP, especially as AP holders. We used to do it occasionally before being AP holders, but once we were the Tables in Wonderland card (at least for now) makes meals a ton cheaper than the DDP no matter what we eat.

Character meals are generally cheaper at breakfast. Again, TiW makes things even less expensive.

jenperich
07-17-2015, 03:18 PM
My husband and I have always used the DDP. We did do the DDP Deluxe and it was just way too much food. But, the TS plan is great - especially, as said above, if you want to do character meals. We have done it with our three year old(when he was 18-mos old) and granted, we didn't have to pay for him, but it still worked out. Happy planning!