PDA

View Full Version : ADRs and Split Stay

cap carrie
07-14-2015, 02:15 PM
We will be traveling to Disney in January, and will have a split stay - 1 night at Port Orleans Riverside and 7 nights at Villas at Grand Floridian. We have two separate reservation numbers, but they are both linked in my MDE account.

Will I be able to make all of my ADRs at 180 days from the earliest check-in date. Or, will I only be able to make one day's worth of reservations at that time, with the remainder made the following day (180 days from the second check-in date)?

I have seen conflicting information online and wanted to hear from someone who has recently encountered a similar situation. I called Disney today and was told it should be no problem to make them all on the first day, but to be honest, the representative I spoke to didn't sound very knowledgeable.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

CynBeth
07-14-2015, 06:54 PM
I am doing a split stay in November and could only make the ressies for the first part of the trip from 180 days of the first resort and then had to wait until 180 days of the second resort to make for the second part of the trip.

cap carrie
07-15-2015, 10:30 AM
I am doing a split stay in November and could only make the ressies for the first part of the trip from 180 days of the first resort and then had to wait until 180 days of the second resort to make for the second part of the trip.

Thanks for the reply! That's what I'm hearing from the online inquiry I made to WDW as well.

As a follow up, when I make the dining reservations at 180 days from my first check-in date, will I be able to make them for the check-in date AND the following day in the parks, or will I be able to make reservations for the arrival/check-in day ONLY?

Goofy4TheWorld
07-15-2015, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the reply! That's what I'm hearing from the online inquiry I made to WDW as well.

As a follow up, when I make the dining reservations at 180 days from my first check-in date, will I be able to make them for the check-in date AND the following day in the parks, or will I be able to make reservations for the arrival/check-in day ONLY?

While I haven't personally done this with ADRs, the system will almost certainly allow you to make ADRs for your arrival day at POR (day 1) as well as your departure day from POR (day 2). In everything Disney IT (such as dining credits, room charges, etc) the system gives you access to stuff for both your arrival and departure days in their entirety, and so your ADR window will likely follow that same general policy.

SurferStitch
07-15-2015, 12:23 PM
While I haven't personally done this with ADRs, the system will almost certainly allow you to make ADRs for your arrival day at POR (day 1) as well as your departure day from POR (day 2). In everything Disney IT (such as dining credits, room charges, etc) the system gives you access to stuff for both your arrival and departure days in their entirety, and so your ADR window will likely follow that same general policy.

This is exactly what I experienced for our split stay in December.

We are doing one night at ASMo, and the other 9 nights at YC. I was able to do ADR's for the first 2 days (1N stay) at 180 days, and the rest at the next 180 days (which was really just the next day).

CynBeth
07-15-2015, 05:38 PM
We are staying at our first resort from 11/20-11/24 and at the first 180 days I made all ressies for those dates. At my second 180 days I made ressies for 11/25-11/28.