PDA

View Full Version : French fries even if not on menu?

disneydreamin'jules
07-13-2015, 05:15 PM
We are going in late September during free dining. We have an adr at Coral Reel one night. There isn't much on the menu that my daughter will eat (she's 11) except salad. Does anyone know if we can request french fries even if its not on the menu? Thanks!

Polynesian Dweller
07-13-2015, 05:28 PM
Restaurants can only provide things for which they have both the ingredients and the equipment to make. From the looks of the menu Coral Reef has neither.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-13-2015, 06:34 PM
Even if she is 11, she can order from the kids menu, which may help. It has some "comfort" choices, like Mac & Cheese, and a steak and mashed potatoes, if she likes any of those.

Pirate Granny
07-13-2015, 07:43 PM
No burger and/or fries at the Coral Reef

Strmchsr
07-14-2015, 11:56 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

The others have given your answer. No fries, unfortunately. You might want to consider if "free" dining is the best discount if your daughter is a picky eater (or not a large eater) since she's paying adult prices. Use an adult TS credit on a child's menu (even though it is allowed) doesn't give you very much bang for your buck. Maybe a room only discount would be better so she can eat what she wants and it'd save you the money.

mydisneygirls
07-14-2015, 04:06 PM
It may not be on the menu, but it MIGHT be possible. I only say might because we ate at Captain's Grille the past two years and although french fries (they were more like steak fries) were not on the menu, my kids had them as a substitute for the little potatoes and veggies that came with the steak. I would call the dining line and ask if they can call the restaurant directly and find out. Doesn't hurt to ask.

VWL Mom
07-14-2015, 04:18 PM
It may not be on the menu, but it MIGHT be possible. I only say might because we ate at Captain's Grille the past two years and although french fries (they were more like steak fries) were not on the menu, my kids had them as a substitute for the little potatoes and veggies that came with the steak. I would call the dining line and ask if they can call the restaurant directly and find out. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Difference may be that Captain's Grille does have french fries on the lunch menu so they are in house. Your right though, never hurts to ask.

disneydreamin'jules
07-14-2015, 04:26 PM
Thanks everyone! I knew it was a long shot. We are going to stick with the free dining, we absolutely love it! I will either get her a counter service meal before we eat there or just pay out of pocket for the child's salad, we'll just see how hungry she is!

mydisneygirls
07-14-2015, 04:37 PM
Difference may be that Captain's Grille does have french fries on the lunch menu so they are in house. Your right though, never hurts to ask.

Ahhhh.....I wondered why the waitress could substitute them! Thanks.