PDA

View Full Version : Dining plan changes

momof3+twins
07-12-2015, 09:10 AM
Has anyone used the dining plan since the changes to the snack options and children entitlements has change (the snacks being single serve options and children's entitlements not having to be kids meals at QS). I'm just wondering how you liked or disliked the changes.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-12-2015, 08:04 PM
Not yet. I am hoping to be able to sub for dessert when we are there in August, as there are so often such limited choices at CS meals. I think my "favourite" choice was between peanut butter cake (which I can't eat) or a peanut-free cookie. I would love loved some grapes or fries instead.

forever a child
09-06-2015, 03:01 PM
I am curious how the changes have been going with the dinning plan? Anyone care to update?

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-06-2015, 05:17 PM
We didn't try it as much as I expected it to. The only subs we made was fruit instead of the CS desserts, and we had no issues. We got the grapes a couple of times, and a fruit cup twice. It was nice, instead of the sweet desserts.

We were able to get some different snacks, like the soup at BOG, but I'm not sure if that was possible before, we'd never tried it. We did get a "snack" of fries to add to a meal, and that was all good.

We didn't even think to try it at the TS places (changing desserts for something else), there was no mention of it anywhere, and it actually totally slipped my mind.

Paiges
09-19-2015, 03:11 PM
We were able to sub sides for desserts at both QS and TS locations. At 50's PT, they said they would sub a quinoa salad for dessert, and one member of our party opted for that. We also had 5 QS meals left, so converted them into 3 snacks each (I think this is new?). That went fine at most locations. One store in AK had not heard of the substitution, but they called someone and told us that we could do the substituting (we were trying to get Goofy's candy) at the larger store in the park.