PDA

View Full Version : Audition?

Disneyqu33n
07-10-2015, 06:46 AM
Has anyone experienced the audition process for characters? My daughter is going to audition and would love advice. :princess:

Disneyfun
07-11-2015, 04:38 PM
Even though my audition was way back in 1997, I would imagine that they are still looking for the same core characteristics.

Enthusiasm
Ability to have fun
Movement quality
Knowledge of the characters

When I went in, they taught us a small dance routine to see how we moved. They then had us portray what we thought some of the characters would move like. Through it all, I thought that they were really looking for people that would be able to have fun with guests, not be afraid to act like a cartoon, and enjoy themselves.

Hope your daughter has a good time at the audition! Tell her to brake a leg!

PirateLover
07-12-2015, 08:07 PM
I have no personal experience but I know a few who have been through it. You typically get asked to do a little routine, and are given a scenario to pantomime. Exude confidence. If you mess up the dance, for example, act like it was all part of the process. Keep smiling. If you are looking to be a face character, do your makeup in a way that is reminiscent of a character you think you resemble. Good luck to your daughter!

biggun35
07-13-2015, 02:51 PM
My son said that after the dance routine that everyone did, they asked him back to do some improv like build a snowman or dig a hole. Remind her that she can't speak or make sounds, that was one of the hardest parts for my son.