PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo dining

mandaep
07-08-2015, 09:57 AM
So it has been many years since we've been to Tokyo dining, and some reviews online seem disheartening. We loved our experience before but that was 7 years ago. We want to take my kids 6&4 at the time, bc the kids meals seem right up their alley and my son loves and talks about Japanese food. Also my daughter has a shellfish allergy and I trust they will be friendly about it. What is it like now? I haven't seen much about it on here and I'm just looking for an updated perspective. It will probably be on my son's birthday, so we were hoping to have them sing to him. I know we could probably do Teppan Edo and I know they're great about allergies but it still makes me nervous having my daughter around a grill that might have shrimp on it. :mickey: thanks everyone!

EeyoresBestFriend
07-08-2015, 11:13 AM
We did the Teppan experience this spring with my sister who has a shrimp allergy. My sisters meal was prepared in the kitchen and served to her rather than the grill. She didn't have any problems and was still able to enjoy the 'show' from the grill.

Just make sure to let them know when you show up for the ressie, or before. :thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
07-08-2015, 01:13 PM
We always find Tokyo Dining to be outstanding. The food is good, choices are nice, and they always have great service (among the best in all of WDW). I think some of the negative comments come from folks who don't care for sushi or tempura style food. I would never hesitate to go back there again.

I'm sure they'll take good care of you regarding any allergies, too. Enjoy!!

MNNHFLTX
07-08-2015, 02:44 PM
The last time I was there was two years ago and both my son and I really enjoyed the experience. The sushi was very fresh and flavorful and the service exceptional. One of these days I want to dine there later the evening so that I can watch Illuminations. :fworks:

WiltonJohn
07-08-2015, 02:52 PM
See here too for some thoughts on Tokyo Dining: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=209684

best,

..........john

mandaep
07-08-2015, 07:16 PM
See here too for some thoughts on Tokyo Dining: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=209684

best,

..........john

Ha! Thanks John, but it appears that is for Teppan Edo. We loveeee Teppan Edo but had only been to Tokyo Dining once. Actually the one time we went we were seated next to another small family who were celebrating their small son's birthday and I remember him trying really hard to blow out the candle and the servers seemed amazing. I think we will give it a try. I know my son will love it. Thanks everyone, feel free to keep chiming in!

WiltonJohn
07-08-2015, 09:32 PM
Read down the thread.... ignore the title.... my comments on the differences.

best,

.............john