PDA

View Full Version : No Boma Availability Nov 13th - 17th

Disney_Barbie
07-06-2015, 12:49 PM
Hmmmm, I just found this quite odd : there appears to be no availability for Boma ( in Animal Kingdom Lodge) for anytime (breakfast or dinner) from Nov 13th - 17th ... granted, I know this is only 4 months away, but in the past we've always been able to book Boma just a day or 2 in advance
(as a matter of fact, just out of curiosity, at the time of writing this post I checked for tomorrow & the next several days & there was plenty of availability)

I called Disney dining to confirm that it wasn't just a glitch in the website, but they confirmed, all booked up. I mentioned how odd I found that & asked if perhaps the restaurant was closed or something, but the cast member told me they were open, just all booked up.

I just still find this so odd / interesting.
Any thoughts?
Is there anyone out there that does in fact have a dining reservation @ Boma during these days ??? (I'm so curios if it's actually "booked up" or if it's closed for minor rehab or something)

markyv
07-06-2015, 05:31 PM
You can thank "free dining". There are very few reservations available at that time for the more popular places.

Disney4us2
07-06-2015, 06:30 PM
We are dinning there tonight. No problem changing to a later time. The breakfast looked really empty today.

Disney_Barbie
07-07-2015, 11:48 PM
You can thank "free dining". There are very few reservations available at that time for the more popular places.

But that's just it, there is plenty of availability during other "free dining" times, Boma is wonderful, but is never booked up. It's just that little clump of days - it's quite odd to me

Pally
07-08-2015, 02:02 PM
I agree, that is ususally one you can count on getting.

mandaep
07-08-2015, 07:19 PM
Free dining comes to mind. We did it last year and every restaurant was filled constantly in late September,late October time frame. I couldn't believe how busy they were.

mydisneygirls
07-09-2015, 08:48 AM
It's funny. We are going 8/22 - 8/30 and up until yesterday, I've had to juggle some ADR's and had absolutely NO problem. There was availabilty even at Chef Mickey's, Ohana, etc. I'm thinking that some may have put off going this week and opting to go the week after since that's when free dining starts. A friend is going in November and she has mentioned that ADRs were hard to get!

PopPhan
07-10-2015, 11:48 AM
Is it possible that there will be a short "refurb" of Boma during that time frame and they have listed it as unavailable for all times for that reason? 5 days (+/- 1 or 2) would be good time for doing a refresh of the dining area as well as some refresh/replace in the cooking/cleaning/serving areas.

Just a thought....

Disney_Barbie
07-20-2015, 09:14 AM
Hoo-RAY!!!!! I'm not sure what happened, but as I suspected, they couldn't possibly be totally full for this time period - it just made no sense to me

But since I was suspicious, I've been checking back periodically and when I checked to day there was dozens of open slots @ BOMA, literally an opening every fifteen minutes :) So I secured my ideal time and date :)

Incase anyone else was looking for BOMA & was unable to get in for those dates, try again now, there seems to be TONS of availability - perhaps it was just an error in their reservation system or something ??? Don't know, but all's well that ends well :)

VWL Mom
07-20-2015, 11:25 AM
Glad you kept after it and were able to get what you wanted!

Anthony007
07-29-2015, 01:27 PM
Anyone know if Boma still has rib nights on Saturday and Wednesday?