PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Animal Kingdom Refurbishing Flame Tree Barbecue: Re-Opens 6/30/15

Figment!
12-07-2014, 07:40 PM
6/29/15

Disney's Animal Kingdom has postponed the opening of the Fame Tree Barbecue a fourth time, albeit the smallest extension. Construction Walls are now down around the refurbished counter service restaurant and Cast are reporting the location will re-open 6/30/15.

The new menu board has revealed the following offerings:

#1 1/2 Slab of St. Louis Ribs served with baked beans and Jalapeņo Cornbread $12.99
#2 1/2 Chicken served with baked beans and Jalapeņo Cornbread $10.99
#3 Pulled Pork Sandwich topped with Pickled Slaw and served with baked beans $10.49
#4 Ribs and Chicken Combo served with baked beans and Jalapeņo Cornbread $16.99
#5 Jamaican Jerk Chicken Salad $9.99
#6 Watermelon Salad $8.99
#7 Smoke Turkey Breast Sandwich served with fresh fruit $9.49
#8 Jumbo Turkey Leg served with baked beans and Jalapeņo Cornbread $12.99

Jumbo Turkey Leg $9.99

Sides
Onion Ring Basket $3.99
French Fries $2.99

Desserts
Chocolate Mousse $4.59
Lime Mousse $4.59

Kids Meals
Chicken Sandwich $5.99
Smucker's Uncrustables $5.49
Baked Chicken Drumstick $5.99
Hot Dog $5.99

6/1/15

The on-going refurbishment appears to have been quietly extended. Cast are reporting it is currently scheduled to re-open on June 26, 2015.

4/19/15

The on-going refurbishment of the Flame Tree Barbecue has been extended a second time. The popular Disney’s Animal Kingdom dining location has been re-scheduled to open from refurbishment on May 23, 2015. Like the previous extension, a reason was not given at the time of the announcement.

2/22/15

Disney’s Animal Kingdom has announced an extension to the on-going refurbishment of the Flame Tree Barbecue. The popular counter service location has been rescheduled to open on April 23, 2015. This is a several week extension from the original reopening date. A reason for the extension was not included in the announcement.

1/11/15

Construction walls are up around the Flame Tree Barbeucue as the multi-month refurbishment is underway.

During the refurbishment, Disney's Animal Kingdom has announced the following signature menu items will be available at alternative locations:

1/2 BBQ Chicken available at Beastly Kiosk and Garden Kiosk in Discovery Isle
Jumbo Turkey Leg available at Trilo-Bites in Dinoland
Pork Sandwich available at Trilo-Bites in Dinoland
1/2 Slab of St. Louis Style Ribs available at Beastly Kiosk and Garden Kiosk in Discovery Isle

12/7/14

Flame Tree Barbecue is planned to be closed for refurbishment from January 5 through Early April 2015. The multi-month refurbishment will reportedly expand the location’s covered areas including seating, walkways, and ordering queue

Goofy4TheWorld
12-11-2014, 09:06 AM
I nearly choked on my breakfast just now while reading about Flametree being closed, but thankfully it turned out not to affect my dates.

BUT... I think it's pretty [not nice] of Disney to announce this closure less than a month out. I know it's only a CS meal, but for me it is something I would have to mentally prepare myself to miss if I had to!

#1donaldfan
12-11-2014, 02:23 PM
I nearly choked on my breakfast just now while reading about Flametree being closed, but thankfully it turned out not to affect my dates.

BUT... I think it's pretty [not nice] of Disney to announce this closure less than a month out. I know it's only a CS meal, but for me it is something I would have to mentally prepare myself to miss if I had to!

I'd be the same way if I didn't have the chance to eat Flame Tree. I love that place !!:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
12-11-2014, 03:07 PM

Actually, Disney announced the Flame Tree closing on Nov 18. Still short but not less than a month.

azcavalier
12-12-2014, 03:25 PM
NOOOOO!!!! We're getting to WDW on the 3rd, and planned to hit AK on the 6th! We have our Fast Passes and everything!

*sigh*

There's is no place else at AK that we like as a Quick Service. :mad:

Figment!
06-29-2015, 10:55 PM
**Update**

snowflakegirl
07-10-2015, 07:53 PM
I saw some pictures on another site of the recently reopened Flame Tree BBQ and the Garden Kiosk's new menu. Flame Tree's menu is generally the same with a few differences, including a new watermelon salad that I can't wait to try (seems to be replacing the fruit plate). I love watermelon salads and can't wait to try this when we're there in August (revising where I thought our counter service meal would be right now ;-) ). The Garden Kiosk also has two new salads that sound interesting...but even more interesting was the cucumber-mint pomegranate lemonade.

I'm excited about all the new options happening in AK for food. :-)