PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying

cspenc28
06-29-2015, 07:37 AM
So the hubby and I are thinking of buying, probably resale as we really want Beach Club as our first choice, Boardwalk as our second. My question is, and I'm not sure if anyone would be willing or are even able to answer, but what would a reasonable price per point be? We know about how many points we would need for the type of room/time of year we want, but just need to figure out what we should expect to pay/offer when we see the amount of points we need. Thanks!

VWL Mom
06-29-2015, 07:51 AM
If you google ROFR Thread you will find some sites that keep track of what's been passing and what hasn't. This is what I used when I bought my last set of points, it gave me a good idea of what I wanted to offer.

cspenc28
06-29-2015, 08:28 AM
Thank you!! That's exactly what I was looking for.

Disney4us2
06-29-2015, 09:36 AM
You can also take a look at what is available on The Timeshare Stores web site. That will give you an idea at what people are currently listing their point values at.

cspenc28
06-29-2015, 10:24 AM
Ok, another question. If we made an offer today on point sat Beach CLub, what are the chances that we would be able to make a September 2016 reservation at 11 months?

ThanxForNoticin
06-29-2015, 12:22 PM
Ok, another question. If we made an offer today on point sat Beach CLub, what are the chances that we would be able to make a September 2016 reservation at 11 months?

I would expect 3 months is doable to get through the process, especially if you offer the seller asking price (or close to it) for their points. But it could get close - be sure to return any paperwork as quickly and accurately as you can - you could be making reservations in October!

Stay alert, though, when looking to buy. Some contracts will say something like "can close only after this date...." - people will sometimes have one last Disney fling before selling their points. That could potentially push out the date you get your points.

VWL Mom
06-29-2015, 12:39 PM
I agree, 3 months from start to points ending up in your account is doable if everyone is on board and gets the paperwork done.

cspenc28
06-29-2015, 12:48 PM
Thanks! We just put sent out an offer, :fingers:.

Robbieligh
06-30-2015, 10:31 PM
We bought 210 points from Disney. I'm glad I have the points when I look at the prices of the resorts, now but with the monthly fees rising each year, I probably could have owned a beautiful home in Florida for the total amount I will have spent.
I love Walt Disney World but I am starting to rethink vacationing here every year for the costs involved!

DizneyRox
06-30-2015, 11:01 PM
Yes, that's a very good point. You own it u til you can sell it, or you just stop paying a let Disney foreclose. Make sure you know what you're getting into. We own, we use it for some R&R around cruises, don't do the parks. While it's not a good use, we'll probably end up using the points abroad very soon. Use of points gets limited when you do resale..

ThanxForNoticin
07-01-2015, 12:40 PM
We bought into the original Vacation Club (now OKW) back in 93, I believe. We've added on points in small chunks over the years. Best investment we have ever made, just based on the family gatherings and memories over the years. Some trips it's 2 of us, some trips it's 22 of us. I hope your purchase brings you lots of those memories, too!

Checkers
07-01-2015, 09:37 PM
Thanks! We just put sent out an offer, :fingers:.

Sending :pixie::pixie: for a speedy process! Which resort?

JMTStone
07-02-2015, 12:17 AM
Good luck and I hope everything works out. Buying DVC was one of the best things I ever did with a bonus check. Then buying more from The Timeshare Store when I got another bonus check was even better. The Timeshare Store was fantastic.

We've done DW, DCL, and pretty soon DL. My husband and I see traveling more with Adventures by Disney when the kids get older (one is 22, the other 13). More cruising... Maybe even gifting some points to my children when they want to go on their own without me (:eek:) And having the points available for runDisney (especially #runICOT) makes the high price of runDisney more reasonable.