PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania FastPass+ Actually Fast?

MrPeetrie
06-28-2015, 09:56 PM
We haven't ridden Toy Story Midway Mania since 2011. Back then, we used the old paper FastPass tickets for the ride, but the wait was still near 40 minutes. We joked that standby seemed faster.

With the new, stricter time enforcements in place, FastPass+ reservations, and Magic-Band access, are the FastPass lines fast? Or, still the same?

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-28-2015, 10:26 PM
Not fast, but at least faster.

Same as before, everyone merges at the stairs, and I find that part still takes FOREVER!

EeyoresBestFriend
06-28-2015, 11:15 PM
We found it to be slow.

Actually, I found all the FP lines to be a lot longer and slower than with the paper passes. Everest was, by far, the worst as the line started way back on the sidewalk. They were like quicker standby lines. :confused:

Still not sure that it is an improvement, other than assuring that you will get on a ride without having to get into the park early.

Katzateer
06-29-2015, 07:48 AM
It is just as fast as the older paper ticket. Also, if you go as a single rider you get on a lot faster. The longest I have waited is 10 minutes but most of time in single rider FP+ it is a walk in.

I find Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh to take longer with new system.

Pirate Granny
06-29-2015, 08:29 AM
I disagree, we were there in June, and the FP+ worked well. Even for TSM. We never spent more than 15 minutes in any lines...and most of our FP+ was after dinner.

i'm grumpy
06-29-2015, 10:53 AM
Our FP+ for ToT took forever. I don't know why. People were leaving.

KAJUNKING
06-29-2015, 01:21 PM
I find it ok, I think its just an issue with that type of ride, it takes a while to get everyone unloaded and reload. It will certainly help once the 3rd track is added!

allgiggles
06-29-2015, 10:42 PM
I disagree, we were there in June, and the FP+ worked well. Even for TSM. We never spent more than 15 minutes in any lines...and most of our FP+ was after dinner.

We had a similar experience 2 weeks ago. Never waited more than about 10 minutes in any FP+ line and many of them were less than 5. We used a total of 32 FP+ over 7 days in the parks. I checked my notes and we used our FP+ for TSMM @ 11:05 on Friday that week and it took 7 minutes from the time we got in line to the time we were loading in our ride vehicle.

whitney37354
06-30-2015, 04:31 PM
We were there three weeks ago & never had a huge wait with FP+