PDA

View Full Version : Everything Pop decline?

Goofy4TheWorld
06-28-2015, 08:40 PM
I have always been a fan of WDW food courts, especially Everything Pop. When some people post about the pros and cons of a Value resort, the food court is on my PRO list not the con list. My second biggest dislike about Deluxe resorts are their lack of a full-blown food court.

That being said, my stay at Pop last month left me feeling incredibly disappointed in every meal I ate there (which was quiet a few since we rarely eat TS meals). I am not hard to please when it comes to food court staples like burgers and pizza, but every entrée my wife and I ate was cold, greasy, or in some other way unsatisfactory. I have never felt this way before, but by midway through this trip I wanted to walk from Pop to AoA to eat there just to escape Pop's letdowns.

My overall experience at Pop was great, everything except the quality of the food. We moved to CBR for 3 days and while many of the menu items were basically the same, the quality was far superior than the same menu item at Pop.

Any other Pop fans out there experienced the same as me recently?

i'm grumpy
06-29-2015, 01:25 PM
They were very busy or shutting down every time we stopped in. We didn't buy a lot there. One morning they ran out of the item I wanted. The pot pie had way too much pepper. One of the pastries was just awful.

WiltonJohn
06-29-2015, 05:57 PM
Not often too negative about our experiences at Disney World. This one is an exception.

The last time we stayed at Pop Century...... we were quite disappointed in the tie dye cheesecake. It went from being a real slice of cheesecake on a plate a few years prior .... to a "crammed in a can" thing in a round sealed plastic container..... and was nowhere near as good tasting.

We'd been dreaming of those (original) cheesecakes since our prior trip.

Not staying at Pop this summer.... so likely will not get a chance to see what is there now.

best,

...............john

etibbetts
06-29-2015, 07:37 PM
While I didn't think Pop was bad on my sept trip, we did prefer AOA and walked over for most meals. There just wasn't much that interested us at pop.

allgiggles
06-29-2015, 10:29 PM
We've stayed at Pop several times and have always enjoyed the food court. When Art of Animation opened, we started staying in a suite there rather than 2 rooms at Pop. When we stayed at AoA in 2013 we walked over to Pop for 2 or 3 meals and still enjoyed the food there. We stayed at AoA again 2 weeks ago and walked over to Pop for dinner on the second day of our stay. None of us enjoyed our meals there. I was so disappointed -- we all were. The food was okay and we could eat it, but we didn't find it to be as good as it was in the past. We didn't return there for any meals the rest of our stay. If we ever stay at Pop again, I will probably request a room close to the bridge so we can walk over to Landscape of Flavors for most of our meals.

i'm grumpy
07-01-2015, 11:48 AM
It's still the round cheesecake. We hadn't been at POP in 3 years, so I had never tried it until last month.

WiltonJohn
07-01-2015, 08:42 PM
It's still the round cheesecake. We hadn't been at POP in 3 years, so I had never tried it until last month.

Thanks for the info. Oh well. I didn't figure it would go back to the old style.

best,

................john

i'm grumpy
07-02-2015, 10:58 AM
I found a recipe, but don't have a cheesecake pan.

momof3+twins
07-09-2015, 10:46 AM
Oh no....I don't want to hear this. How far is the AOA walk? I requested preferred and now I'm second guessing it.

i'm grumpy
07-09-2015, 12:57 PM
Our trip was so short, we didn't get to AoA. The food wasn't horrible, just hard to get. LOL.

#1donaldfan
07-09-2015, 03:29 PM
That's a shame as POP does have a good selection and their food court used to be so good. :(

Arielfan98
07-09-2015, 10:16 PM
I saw from Disney Youtubers that stay there said the breakfast pizza is no longer at Pop. They were very disappointed so I have reason to believe that maybe the food is declining...

allgiggles
07-12-2015, 10:57 PM
Oh no....I don't want to hear this. How far is the AOA walk? I requested preferred and now I'm second guessing it.

Five minutes once you're on the bridge.