PDA

View Full Version : Oh Poo!

Patricia
06-28-2015, 04:45 PM
The animal poop treats at Zuri's Sweets Shop are already off the shelf!

I'm guessing they had more complaints than laughs.. :ack:

VWL Mom
06-28-2015, 05:20 PM
That didn't take long.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-28-2015, 06:04 PM
Geesh! Really? It was a cute idea ... Sigh.

WiltonJohn
06-28-2015, 06:11 PM
Political correctness run amok (as usual lately).

Basket Mommy
06-28-2015, 06:28 PM
Are they maybe just sold out? I saw a news article about them on my Facebook news feed this week. Maybe they were just really popular. I hope they didn't pull them. I wanted my boys to get some in November!

TikiGoddess
06-29-2015, 09:59 AM
Aw, I hope they keep it. I wanted to try it when we went to AK next summer!

Kathy

snowflakegirl
06-29-2015, 10:29 AM
Are they maybe just sold out? I saw a news article about them on my Facebook news feed this week. Maybe they were just really popular. I hope they didn't pull them. I wanted my boys to get some in November!

I read an article somewhere saying that CMs had confirmed that they were no longer being sold. :-(

TheVBs
06-29-2015, 11:13 AM
Well that was quick! And it would be such a shame. We got a huge kick out of the idea and were looking forward to trying them on our next trip. You'd think they could at least have a small selection of them available?

MNNHFLTX
06-29-2015, 06:08 PM
Oh goodness--doesn't anyone have a sense of humor anymore? Lol!!

BrerGnat
06-29-2015, 08:54 PM
Oh goodness--doesn't anyone have a sense of humor anymore? Lol!!

It appears not. I am SO sick and tired of people being so sensitive to everything nowadays. It drives me crazy.

badkitty
06-30-2015, 01:35 AM
sigh. I thought it was a cute idea. People complained? Why? Don't people understand they have free choice to walk-away? No one was forcing them to eat it. Good grief...

Mrs Bus Driver
06-30-2015, 09:45 AM
I was really hoping to try them sometime. :thedolls:

DNS
06-30-2015, 12:12 PM
It seems no matter what is done, some will complain. Places like Disney need to take a stand at some point. I can't believe how thin skinned people are anymore. Or is it just that businesses are too PC

SurferStitch
07-01-2015, 11:20 AM
I can't believe how thin skinned people are anymore. Or is it just that businesses are too PC

Both

Patricia
07-01-2015, 11:56 AM
There will always be complainers, in this case 'party poopers', if you try anything different.

But.. working with the public and witnessing just what people will actually find to complain about and how vocal some of them can actually be, I can see how the CM's may have gotten tired of being at the receiving end of a disgusted patron.

ThanxForNoticin
07-01-2015, 12:42 PM
There will always be complainers, in this case 'party poopers', if you try anything different.

But.. working with the public and witnessing just what people will actually find to complain about and how vocal some of them can actually be, I can see how the CM's may have gotten tired of being at the receiving end of a disgusted patron.

Party Poopers is a very appropriate description here!!

Sylvia
07-01-2015, 12:56 PM

I agree.

This discussion reminds me of another time when Disney tried to creatively theme something to a specific area. Does anyone else remember years ago when after a major refurb, Cosmic Ray opened with the "space" theme? The theming even extended to the condiments. It was fun to eat a grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato and blue mayo. Most people got it - there always was a line at the mayo dispenser.

But, like the current topic, party poopers complained and soon the cosmic blue color was gone.

1DisneyNut
07-01-2015, 01:24 PM
I didn't really care whether the kept selling them or not but I thought it was rather disgusting and I am a guy that can be rude and disgusting at times. lol

I didn't figure this would go over very well. My thoughts were that teenage boys and their dads would be running around the park throwing gorilla poop at each other, yelling and laughing about it. That is about how it would have went if myself and my sons had been there and gotten our hands on some.

I also figured it was just a matter of time before management got tired of complaints from people because guys were in the store saying "Hey come check it out, they have all sorts of poop for sale in here!" or "Wow! This really does taste like poop." lol