PDA

View Full Version : Be Our Guest scary?

lawgirl
06-27-2015, 02:43 PM
I've been trying to get a ressie at BOG for a couple of years now and never had any luck. I finally scored last minute dinner for the exact date and time I wanted. Victory! That Disney Dining Buddy app is crazy awesome!

The only thing I'm worried about is my 3YO. She was terrified at T-Rex, so much so that we had to make a running exit (I did let the server and host know tty. I still don't know why I thought eating there was a good idea. My son loved it when he was little...anyways. I'm wondering if we'll have any say on where we are seated. It's not so much that I mind, but for her sake, is the Beast's room a dark and scary atmosphere? It looks pretty dark, is there a menacing feel to it? Is there scary music?

I would think that if we get seated there, and my daughter freaks out that they would at least attempt to relocate us. She is a year older, and I'm thinking she will love being in a "castle", but would also like to avoid any added stress!

Also would love any general tips or your favorite thing to order!

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-27-2015, 03:10 PM
Most people request the West Wing, where the Rose is (and the thunder), so I don't think you'll have a problem at all asking NOT to be in there, in fact, they will be delighted that someone isn't asking to sit there.

And, as you know, outside of that room, it isn't scary at all. I would let her know that the Beast will walk through, in case that would catch her off-guard.

I know some of the food reviews have been mixed, but we've enjoyed our meals at BOG. DD and I especially love the garlic herb butter topping for the steak, and get extra on the side for fry dipping!

EeyoresBestFriend
06-27-2015, 03:22 PM
We were in the West Wing for our dinner and I think it would probably be a bit much for her. It is quite dark and the thunder is pretty loud.

I think you would be definitely be fine in the main dining room and the East(?) Wing - the one with the Music box statues of Beast & Belle dancing. Both are quite bright and enchanting.

I'm sure a heads up to the CMs would ensure a good experience for all of you. Enjoy! We really had a wonderful experience and dinner there. The Grey Stuff really is delicious :thumbsup:

lawgirl
06-27-2015, 03:44 PM
Good to know! So it sounds like I just need to let them know when we check-in that we don't want the West Wing. Is the other option the ballroom? I would think more people would want the ballroom. It looks gorgeous!

faline
06-27-2015, 03:54 PM
Good to know! So it sounds like I just need to let them know when we check-in that we don't want the West Wing. Is the other option the ballroom? I would think more people would want the ballroom. It looks gorgeous!

There are three dining areas. The largest is the ballroom which is quite lovely but can also be quite noisy. The East Wing is a bit more intimate and there is nothing in that room (or the ballroom) that would likely be scary.

Disney4us2
06-27-2015, 04:33 PM
I've been in the rose garden room and the ballroom. The ballroom has lower mood lighting and the rose garden room is brighter. I liked the rose garden room. Haven't been in the West Wing, just too dark and I like to see what I'm eating.:blush:

Disney4us2
06-27-2015, 04:36 PM
Forgot to mention.... When you get to the check in podium, let them know so you can request to sit in your preferred room.

lawgirl
06-27-2015, 05:56 PM
Forgot to mention.... When you get to the check in podium, let them know so you can request to sit in your preferred room.

I will definitely do that. The rose garden room sounds lovely. I just can't wait to try it out!

deedee73
06-27-2015, 07:51 PM
I've been trying to get a ressie at BOG for a couple of years now and never had any luck. I finally scored last minute dinner for the exact date and time I wanted. Victory! That Disney Dining Buddy app is crazy awesome!

I must be out of the loop here - what Disney Dining buddy app???

Katzateer
06-28-2015, 08:13 AM
We were in the West Wing for our dinner and I think it would probably be a bit much for her. It is quite dark and the thunder is pretty loud.

I think you would be definitely be fine in the main dining room and the East(?) Wing - the one with the Music box statues of Beast & Belle dancing. Both are quite bright and enchanting.

I'm sure a heads up to the CMs would ensure a good experience for all of you. Enjoy! We really had a wonderful experience and dinner there. The Grey Stuff really is delicious :thumbsup:

The room with the music box and portraits is not open at dinner. I would tell them your request when checking in. It is dark and scary in the one dining area- just like the castle would be! Hope you have a great time!

lawgirl
06-28-2015, 10:57 AM
I must be out of the loop here - what Disney Dining buddy app???
I found out about on Facebook. It's called Disney Dining Buddy. You pay $8 and put in your request (date, place, time, party size), and the app keeps searching for an opening. It texts/calls/emails you when something opens up in your 2 hour time frame. I've never had any luck booking BOG until now. It's pretty amazing.

lawgirl
06-28-2015, 10:59 AM
I got a text at 1:30 am a few days after submitting my request. It was for the exact time I wanted. I've been trying ever since that place opened, and finally! I wouldn't normally pay for something like that, but this is an extra special trip for us, and I really wanted BOG!

deedee73
06-28-2015, 11:42 AM
Thanks - interesting concept. I like you wouldn't utilize it unless there was something I wanted to do that was extra special. But great info to stash away in case that situation ever pops up. So do they may the ADR for you?

lawgirl
06-28-2015, 02:37 PM
No- they just alert you that there is an open reservation. In the email/text you get there is a link to the reservation, but you have to book it yourself on the Disney site. But it really is such a smart idea for those extra special times. I wouldn't use it for every meal, but in this case it worked perfectly!

deedee73
06-29-2015, 01:15 AM
Thanks for the info [emoji4]