PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge 1st Timers!!

txdisneyfanatic
06-27-2015, 02:22 PM
Hi, this will be our 1st time to stay in the Wilderness Lodge! Any tidbits or must-do's, etc?? Thanks for any advice!!

faline
06-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Great resort!! Go on a Hidden Mickey hunt. Clue sheets are available at the front desk. They used to do daily tours which included a trek up the roof - not sure if that is still available or not.

chefmickey3
06-27-2015, 04:17 PM
Check out the geyser. Spend time in the lobby. Visit the Carolwood Pacific Room in the Villas. They have one of Walt's trains. It is a relaxing place to visit. It is fun to eat at Whispering Canyon Cafe. Have a great trip!

VacationDisney
06-27-2015, 04:45 PM
Make dinner reservations at Artist Point:cloud9:

Have a wonderful vacation!

MonoMan
06-28-2015, 03:12 PM
Watch the Electrical Water Pageant. Enjoy the fireplace and rockers in the lobby. Try the Territory Lodge for a beverage and snack (I recommend the cheese fondue).

brownie
06-28-2015, 04:34 PM
Ask for ketchup at Whispering Canyon.

HMFan
06-29-2015, 07:30 AM
Ask if there is an opening during your stay to be the flag family. It's a wonderful experience.

IMADisneyFreak
06-29-2015, 12:56 PM
Ask for ketchup at Whispering Canyon.

This is hilarious and something you must do if you eat there! :thumbsup:

We enjoyed our stay and we hope to stay there again for a future trip to WDW. And BTW, we also went parasailing on Bay Lake (Sammy Duvall's Watersports Centre) and the view of the lodge from the air was incredible!

KronkHere
06-29-2015, 01:07 PM
There are "hidden" areas all around the upper floors towards the entrance of the resort. Leather couches and chairs, some with there own personal fireplaces. Great place to hang out and get away from it all either by yourself...or not. Visit the villas lobby area. Walking/jogging trail to backside of campgrounds, lots of wildlife.

JanetMegan
06-29-2015, 01:44 PM
We are headed to WL in Oct and while not first timers I didn't even know you could get food at the lounge so thanks for the tip!

The Dad
06-29-2015, 09:53 PM
I seem to be the only "morning person" in my family. While at the Wilderness, I love to get up at the crack of dawn, grab a cup of coffee and stroll the grounds. The peaceful solitude is amazing, especially considering you are actually in WDW. You probably won't even see another person. Stroll out to the dock and listen to the lake lapping at the shore. If you're really lucky, a dense fog bank will be drifting in over the lake. What a great way to start the day!

Jeff T
07-01-2015, 12:06 PM
We really enjoy WL, especially all the detail that went into building the resort. Be sure to take the time to stroll around the lodge both inside and out. There are so many things to see and do. I enjoy returning to the lodge each evening either at the bus stop or boat dock, and walk along the dark paths lit by flickering lamp posts. It's just a very relaxing feeling - and pretty cool. The little things seem to really stand out at this resort and make it special.

Have fun at the WL.

Crow
07-01-2015, 10:27 PM
all good suggestions. i love artist pt, territory lounge, checking all the different floors to chill, the fireplace, the geyser, the beach, the boat to MK, electrical water pageant

txdisneyfanatic
07-03-2015, 07:01 PM
Thank you everyone for all of your advice!! We look forward to having an awesome stay here!! =)

Davy Crockett
07-06-2015, 08:05 PM
We really enjoy WL, especially all the detail that went into building the resort. Be sure to take the time to stroll around the lodge both inside and out. There are so many things to see and do. I enjoy returning to the lodge each evening either at the bus stop or boat dock, and walk along the dark paths lit by flickering lamp posts. It's just a very relaxing feeling - and pretty cool. The little things seem to really stand out at this resort and make it special.

Have fun at the WL.

Yes! One of my favorite things as well - thought I was the only one that liked that!