PDA

View Full Version : Finally going... Aladdin on Broadway!!

SurferStitch
06-24-2015, 09:34 PM
Over the weekend we decided it's been way too long since we've seen a Disney Broadway show, so we got awesome seats for Aladdin at the New Amsterdam Theater on Broadway for Friday, July 3rd. My DH's birthday is July 2nd, and he wanted to see the show to celebrate!! It looks amazing!

I can't wait!! I just hope the weather is decent so we can enjoy the city that day, too.

jmj18
06-24-2015, 09:54 PM
This is one of my FAVORITE Disney shows on Broadway...
Have a wonderful time!

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-24-2015, 09:56 PM
Awesome! We saw it here in Toronto, and DD LOVED it ... she would have seen it again and again if I'd let her.

Enjoy. :)

Kenny1113
06-24-2015, 10:54 PM
Looks great! Enjoy!!

Katzateer
06-25-2015, 07:56 AM
Have a great time! The Genie and Aladdin are great!! Ifyou can get the soundtrack it is fun to listen to.. Looks like a rainy Saturday- hope you still enjoy.

Carol
07-02-2015, 07:21 PM
Saw it when it first opened last year. WONDERFUL. We were in awe of the music, costumes and set designs. So colorful. Fabulous cast. Have a fantastic time.

wildernesslady
07-02-2015, 10:40 PM
Great show. The cast is excellent.

joanna71985
07-04-2015, 07:55 PM
I saw it last summer for my birthday, and LOVED it! The icing on the cake was getting to meet the performers for Aladdin, Jasmine, and Genie after the show.

SurferStitch
07-05-2015, 10:09 AM
We loved it!! The music was fantastic, and the costumes were absolutely gorgeous! We had awesome seats, and just had a wonderful time! We also had all of the main cast except for Aladdin, but the understudy for him was excellent. I was so glad that we had James Monroe Iglehart for the Genie. I've always loved watching clips of him in Aladdin, and was thrilled to have him there on Friday.

We stopped in at the Rum House prior to the show to enjoy a couple drinks. This was a very small and quiet bar just off Broadway. It looked very familiar to us, so DH looked it up, and it was used in a couple scenes in the Birdman. How cool?? The piano in the lounge was used for an impromptu show by Bill Murray one night... what I wouldn't give to be sitting there while Bill Murray walks up to the piano to belt out a few tunes!!!

After the show we had dinner at NYY Steak (the Yankees steakhouse). It was delicious, and our server was a blast. Can't wait to dine there again. Their Yankees Championship Reserve was one of the best reds I've ever had!