PDA

View Full Version : Magic band and split stay

4disneynuts
06-22-2015, 01:57 PM
We are planning on going to the world in February and will be staying at CBR for the first 2 nights, then at a timeshare for 4 nights and then back to CBR for 3 more nights. We were wondering if we do a package the first 2 nights with a 10 day park hopper how that works with staying off property and then back on property. Do we just continue to use the magic band with the 10 day park hopper on it while off property and then again when we are back on property? Thank you for any help!

Fangorn
06-22-2015, 02:27 PM
Do we just continue to use the magic band with the 10 day park hopper on it while off property and then again when we are back on property? Thank you for any help!

The short answer is Yes.

The band is merely the mechanism whereby you can access your MDE account. Your tickets, FP+, etc. are all linked in your account. The same goes for your room reservations. If you have reservation at a Disney resort, then the bands will act as the key to your room - or rooms if you have split stay. In your case, you will actually get 2 sets of bands - one for each Disney resort stay. All the bands will work as room keys for both resorts (you don't have to remember which one is which).

The fact that you have a gap between stays is really irrelevant to the system. The days you are off-site the bands will still work as your ticket and FP+ will still be connected to them. You just won't have a room that they'll open. When you check in for the second stay, the bands will open the new room.

Enjoy!

Steve

Steve

Goofy4TheWorld
06-22-2015, 02:30 PM
Yep, just keep using your band to access your tickets. You will have TWO sets of bands shipped to you (since you have two separate resort reservations) and all of them should work interchangeably to access your tickets. They should also all work interchangeably for room key purposes, but that depends on the system working as designed 100%, which with Disney technology is always a gamble.

4disneynuts
06-22-2015, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the answer to my question!

Pirate Granny
06-22-2015, 07:01 PM
You may have to wait to book Fp+ For the non Disney resort days...those days are at 30 days out and not 60. Not sure if the system will pick that up.

Goofy4TheWorld
06-22-2015, 08:42 PM
You may have to wait to book Fp+ For the non Disney resort days...those days are at 30 days out and not 60. Not sure if the system will pick that up.

This is an excellent question and something I have been curious about.

I know for sure that back in October 2013 I was in a wave of FP+ testing and I specifically remember that once my window opened up it allowed me to choose dates as far out as twenty-something days beyond my check-in date. I could only book the FP+ for the 6 days I had tickets for, but the system did not require me to select 6 consecutive days nor did it require me to select the 6 dates that I was booked into AoA.

Now if they system remains that way is another question, and something I would love to read first-hand experience on. I just returned from a trip, but I forgot to check the until it was too late.

DizneyRox
06-23-2015, 06:55 AM

Pretty sure it works as mentioned. On site days at 60, off-site days at 30. FP and dining are aware of who's eligible at the any point in time as well as the number of park admissions each person has.