PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion

i'm grumpy
06-18-2015, 10:57 AM
It had been 3 years, but I don’t remember the piano (organ) at the beginning of the ride on the right side. How long has that been there? :laughing:

Melanie
06-18-2015, 11:32 AM
I think it's always been there. :)

Tink1
06-18-2015, 11:44 AM
The piano and the floating candelabra were the two things that scared my son on our trip in 1994.

Took us years to get him back on that ride.

nanc

Wells
06-18-2015, 12:00 PM
It's always fun to discover things that you have missed before.....for years I didn't notice the shadow of the piano player on the floor moving in time with the piano strikes.....

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-18-2015, 12:51 PM
I agree - the floating candelabra is rather freaky!

John
06-18-2015, 12:52 PM
It's funny, even with long time Disney World visitors, it seems like we ALL do that. Notice things on rides that we have been on 100 times before and ask - is that new, or has that always been there?

Sometimes changes are subtle when they do happen.

I think when you've been enough, you start looking in different directions and angles than you normally would - giving you a fresh perspective.

That and some selective memory ;)

#1donaldfan
06-18-2015, 12:56 PM
I love every feature and scene with the HM and JC.....just love how Disney can make something timeless !!! :mickey:

i'm grumpy
06-18-2015, 01:30 PM
:blush: Maybe it's just lit differently. :scratch: I need to visit youtube.

mickclub1955
06-18-2015, 04:29 PM
that has been in the attraction since the beginning.

Goofeygal
06-18-2015, 05:25 PM
This is one of my favorite attractions, the organ has always been there.

azcavalier
06-18-2015, 08:23 PM
That floating candelabra is my favorite effect on the entire ride. I dunno....it just seems to give the mansion some depth. Looking down spooky corridors is infinitely creepier than just going through the rooms.

Main Street Jim
06-18-2015, 09:05 PM
It had been 3 years, but I don’t remember the piano (organ) at the beginning of the ride on the right side. How long has that been there? :laughing:The Music Room is a Walt Disney World exclusive, and has been in the attraction since it opened in 1971. :) As far as I know, the "Haunted Mansions" (and Phantom Manor) do not have the piano with the shadow of the "spirit" tickling the ivories.

Cinderelley
06-19-2015, 07:14 AM
The Music Room is a Walt Disney World exclusive, and has been in the attraction since it opened in 1971. :) As far as I know, the "Haunted Mansions" (and Phantom Manor) do not have the piano with the shadow of the "spirit" tickling the ivories.

Sometimes I just want to hire you as my Disney guide for a few days . . .

brad192
06-19-2015, 02:40 PM
Until I took ballroom lessons many years ago, I didn't realize that the party dancers are actually holding each other backwards! The Imagineers got it right when creating the dancers, but when reflected they're backwards. :blush: Just adds to the charm of the ride. :mickey:

Susan A
06-19-2015, 05:37 PM
That is so interesting about the dancers!

Main Street Jim
06-22-2015, 10:42 PM
Until I took ballroom lessons many years ago, I didn't realize that the party dancers are actually holding each other backwards! The Imagineers got it right when creating the dancers, but when reflected they're backwards. :blush: Just adds to the charm of the ride. :mickey:Correct - next time you're on the ride, watch the "ghost" dancers - the ladies are leading the men.

Also in the ballroom - is "Grandma" from Carousel of Progress. On the far right, near the fireplace.

Sometimes I just want to hire you as my Disney guide for a few days . . .We'll be down again next June (2016)...

KAJUNKING
06-29-2015, 01:38 PM
Very cool about the dancers in the ballroom! My favorite attraction and I still learn new stuff!

HauntedMansion814
09-19-2015, 10:16 PM
Still can't find that wedding ring at the end!!:mad:

EeyoresBestFriend
09-20-2015, 12:49 PM
I didn't know that about the organ floor. I have to watch for it next time.

I also have never found the ring. :confused: I hear its there, that's its been long gone *sigh* I still check as we leave each time.

I totally agree with Cinderelly, I would love to tour with Main Street Jim. You seem to have so many cool little facts. I'm always trying to remember them all for my next trip.

Maybe Intercot needs to give you your own kiosk, or a "Gems of the World" kiosk, to post these little tidbits for the rest of us. :D It would be great to have one section that just covered posts with this kind of information and that you wouldn't have to dig for them. :thumbsup:

TheVBs
09-20-2015, 07:46 PM
I do this all the time! Wonder if something has always been there, or if it's new. It took me a long time to notice the turning handles on the doors. Love that!

I know the stairs and the floating instruments are newer additions (I think!). Anything else?

Oh! And I finally found out what happened to Rosita on this last trip! :eek: