PDA

View Full Version : FP+ booking

Figment52
06-18-2015, 09:07 AM
On the 60 day out mark - do you book at midnight, 6am, or another time?

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-18-2015, 09:47 AM
Midnight. :(

Last year I was lucky, and our booking time was on a weekend ... I think I'll be sleepy at work one day next week. :)

conan617
06-18-2015, 11:24 AM
I booked at midnight Eastern Time which for me was 11PM Central. That was last September though. I've got about a month before I book FP+.

WiltonJohn
06-19-2015, 07:04 PM
Just booked FastPass+ 's for our trip. One day late and in the middle of the day. No "waiting at midnight".

System worked seamlessly. Easy to get stuff and change times. All of it shows in the MDE pages as expected. Easily printed out for a record of the bookings, meshed with the ADRs. It seemed like lots of time options were available on the "change the time" screens too for everything I looked at.

Caveat: Did not want 7 Dwarfs Mine Train ... so did not even try that one :secret:.

So..... at least for me..... worked great.

The "only one park a day" and the "only 3 passes per day" and the "tiered rides" and the "have to plan so far out" aspects are not to our personal liking when we think of doing a VACATION,........ but "it is what it is". Will give Disney negative feedback on that one.

best,

............john

CanadianWDWFan
06-19-2015, 07:40 PM
We booked ours on day 60 sometime in the afternoon and got all we wanted, even 7DMT. I was even able to change out some FP's for better times as we approached the three weeks to go mark. The only one that we couldn't move much was the 7DMT.

Even in the parks we were able to change FP's on the fly. It really worked out well for us.

snowflakegirl
06-20-2015, 11:14 AM
I just booked our Fastpasses for our upcoming trip (the front end of WiltonJohn's trip, we're doing a family vacation for my son's (2 year old) first trip), even though I'm on day 57 I was able to get everything that I wanted also, and play around with the times so that they were within windows that I wanted. (And had *many* options to choose from as far as time and availability). Again, we didn't do 7 Dwarves, but I saw lots of options for that. I don't love only three options and in one park etc, but since I had no other fastpass option but to work within that, I was happy with what I got.

Stu29573
06-20-2015, 01:03 PM
To be honest, FP+ is freaking me out. We have six people in our party, with varying tastes in attractions, and I just can't see how we can make a plan that everyone is going to like, with the attractions everyone wants, 60 days out. Its become a huge puzzle, and I'm not sure that there is a solution. I SO miss the days when you could show up at a park and wing it based on how the group felt at that moment.

WiltonJohn
06-20-2015, 02:30 PM
I SO miss the days when you could show up at a park and wing it based on how the group felt at that moment.

You still can........ it is the regular lines. They are still there. You don't HAVE to have a Fast Pass.

It is only for Fast Passes that you have to plan ahead. Now you deal with FP+ and online booking. In the past you usually had to hit "rope drop" and run to the paper Fast Pass kiosks (ahead of others if you could) and hope you got that ones you wanted.

It always had some 'complication' to it to get the benefit of the Fast Pass concept.

At least for the non fleet-of-foot and the "like to sleep in" crowd....... the online advance FP+ thing has some advantages.

best,

................john

Tekneek
06-20-2015, 03:13 PM
The unfortunate part is that people are getting FP+ reservations for things that never had FP before (and really don't need such a thing). So it does change things up at least a little bit for almost every attraction.

Yungbuck73
06-21-2015, 01:45 PM
On the 60 day out mark - do you book at midnight, 6am, or another time?

I was just going to post that exact question well almost, we are not staying on property and we only have the 30 day window. Thanks for being a few days ahead of me.:mickey::rocks: