PDA

View Full Version : Poly Construction

ljgirl40
06-16-2015, 02:37 PM
I am booking a girls' trip for my daughter (16 YO) and myself. We really want to stay at the Poly but I have read that it is under construction. We are planning on going 8/27-9/1. Does anyone have any first hand information on how the construction would impact our stay? We always stay at moderates but wanted to try the Poly just not sure now is the best time due to the construction. Thanks!!!

Polynesian Dweller
06-16-2015, 02:46 PM
The Poly is no longer a construction zone. The construction of the main pool, Great Ceremonial house and the bungalows is completely finished and they all look beautiful. There is done internal work on a the old Tokelau building but its internal and will have no impact on you. The east pool will get a refurb but with the main pool completed and opening it should have minimal impact. So, don't worry about it. The place is its beautiful self again.

buzznwoodysmom
06-17-2015, 11:12 AM
Hmmm. I don't know about it being "its beautiful self again", at least not completely. I follow Tikiman and he posts photos, almost daily, of continuing construction. It looks like the majority of the major work is done, but just today I saw a pic of the carpet being removed somewhere in the Great Ceramonial House. Plus there is still supposed to be some work done on the kitchen that Ohana and Kona share. I would imagine that the restaurants will need to be closed at some point if this work is still scheduled. Although, nothing indicating when this might happen, that I am aware of. Seems there is still some work to be done. From everything I have read I would not count on the resort construction being fully complete till the end of 2015, beginning of 2016.

That's not to say that you can't still have a great stay at the Poly. A lot has been completed. Just don't want someone thinking all construction is done to then arrive at a resort still undergoing some level of construction.