PDA

View Full Version : Refillable Mugs

Figment52
06-15-2015, 05:24 PM
How does the new system work? Is there a photo anywhere of what they look like?

brownie
06-15-2015, 09:13 PM
The mugs themselves are the same style, they just contain an RFID chip that gets read when you place the mugs on the beverage dispenser. It will have an expiration date the machine will display when you fill your mug.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-15-2015, 09:28 PM
The system really is easy, the only "catch" is that the mug has to be sitting on the tray, otherwise the machine read the chip and won't dispense the pop. (I saw a number of people try and "hold" the mug, instead of sitting it down).

Otherwise, all good. When you fill your mug, it will let you know how long until you can get a refill (just a few minutes) and how long your mug is good for.

Maleficent's Dad
06-16-2015, 12:36 PM
Other than the RFID, it's similar to the old ways.

And Disney is in the process of eliminating the pricing structure according to the number of days you stay. In that sense, they seem to be going back to the one-price for whatever length of stay you have. It's already been reported that at Pop Century, All Stars, and POR, they have only one price ($16.49) regardless of your length of stay. It's unclear whether or not this policy will spread to all the resorts.

Priority Four
06-16-2015, 12:44 PM
We just came back and I can report that a resort mug purchased with the dining plan still worked after the plan expiration at a different resort. The date was different on our six mugs but all were at least three weeks out on expiration.

Figment52
08-12-2015, 04:12 PM
Are the mugs all the same still, or are they resort specific? Still not sure if we're going to get them, but I definitely don't want one if it says "Disney Parks" again.

VWL Mom
08-12-2015, 04:54 PM
They are not resort specific, this is my mug from our May/June trip. Mickey and Minnie checking in on the front, Goofy and Donald bell services on the back.

TheVBs
08-12-2015, 05:12 PM
Oh cool! Thanks for the pictures! I thought it would still be the poolside scene.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-12-2015, 06:09 PM
Agreed! I'm glad there is a new mug, and it is quite cute. :thumbsup:

Sylvia
09-11-2015, 07:03 AM
Just ran into the same old problem. Today is check-out day, but our length-of-stay mugs were erroneously set to expire yesterday at midnight. If this happens to you, just see the cashier and he/she will reset the system so you'll be able to get your morning coffee on your last day.

snowflakegirl
09-13-2015, 12:38 PM
When we were at AKL in August, we bought mugs (we were not using the DDP) on the 17th and they were just a set price ($16.49). Mine was set to expire on the 30th and my husband's the 31st (somewhat strange since they were purchased in the same transaction), which had nothing to do with our actual trip dates.