PDA

View Full Version : And just what, if you could Imagineer?

Terra
06-13-2015, 04:07 PM
What would you do? :)
And how much of a Disney addict am I when I actually dream at night and Imagineer things for WDW.

I remember one dream [and I would love this!], I created a resort for each country in EPCOT. Now I realize IRL that there is not there wouldn't be enough room [I think]. But I saw it so clearly in my mind. You could enter EPCOT through each resort/country. The resorts essentially extended out the back of each country and everything was so amazingly themed.

I woke up a little sad that it wasn't real!

BrerGnat
06-13-2015, 05:40 PM
That was actually supposed to happen!

Terra
06-13-2015, 06:01 PM
What???? Get out. I would so love to stay in Japan or China

BrerGnat
06-13-2015, 06:42 PM
There are a lot of WDW history books that discuss all the random "blue sky" ideas. Actually, the Caribbean Beach Resort was "plan B" of the "world showcase hotel" grand plan. If you look at an aerial map, it is ridiculous how close to WS the CBR is. There was supposed to be boat transportation to the area near Italy from CBR.

Terra
06-13-2015, 07:04 PM
I will have to read up some more. I've done a little. But not a whole lot as far as all the little details. I've read more on Walt himself.
Thanks for the information.

DizneyRox
06-14-2015, 12:48 AM
You might want to check out the book: Walt Disney's EPCOT Center - 1982

Excellent book. Mentions a lot of stuff that was supposed to be built, but as the years went on, they never happened.

BrerGnat
06-14-2015, 09:05 AM
In addition, there are several Disney podcasts that specialize in Disney history. I have learned so much valuable stuff from listening to them over the years.

Terra
06-14-2015, 12:14 PM
Thanks you two. I will get the book and check out the podcasts! I do love some WDW history!

Arielfan98
06-14-2015, 08:50 PM
I thought about this yesterday. I really want to remake River Country. I see so much potential for it with a hotel and it could have River Country Cabins, but larger-suite style cabins. I think it would be a great addition to Disney because it could host to larger groups who like the log cabin feel. I also think Disney fans alike would love to revisit River Country just like it did in its glory days (with pool water only).

Terra
06-14-2015, 10:44 PM
Now that would be great! I had never been to River Country. It was before I moved down here. But looking at the pictures, makes me wish I would have experienced it!

Arielfan98
06-15-2015, 05:37 PM
Now that would be great! I had never been to River Country. It was before I moved down here. But looking at the pictures, makes me wish I would have experienced it!

I have actually never been to River Country, either. That's why I want it to be renovated and reopened :D

BrerGnat
06-16-2015, 07:23 AM
Eh, River country was not that great. It was highly overrated. I guess in the 70's it was really awesome, but the last time I went was around 1990 and I was about 12 years old and it was really pretty lame. And dirty. And worn down. We didn't really have a good time there. I was always kind of grossed out by the lake water. I don't like when I can't see the bottom of where I'm swimming. :eek:

Arielfan98
06-17-2015, 09:44 PM
Eh, River country was not that great. It was highly overrated. I guess in the 70's it was really awesome, but the last time I went was around 1990 and I was about 12 years old and it was really pretty lame. And dirty. And worn down. We didn't really have a good time there. I was always kind of grossed out by the lake water. I don't like when I can't see the bottom of where I'm swimming. :eek:

I understand what you mean. But my renovation idea would only make River Country with pool water and much more modern water attractions.

Terra
06-17-2015, 10:05 PM
I understand what you mean. But my renovation idea would only make River Country with pool water and much more modern water attractions.

Ah yes I can do pool water. I didn't realize it was "true" lake water. I don't swim in lakes at all. I don't like not seeing bottom either.