PDA

View Full Version : Yak & Yeti?

Terra
06-12-2015, 06:26 PM
I've never had a chance to do the Yak & Yeti sit down dining and am thinking of trying it this summer one of our girl's nights out to EPCOT. Generally we just do QS because I'm with my kiddos and they aren't much for exotic food. They will try a bit, but paying the money for a bite doesn't thrill me ;)

Anyway, who has eaten there and what did you think personally on food, service, atmosphere?
And if you do like it, what do you recommend?

faline
06-12-2015, 06:38 PM
It's okay - I wouldn't put it in my favorites category. The place is huge and is designed to turn tables as quickly as possible. I'm not sure this place would be as popular if there were more table service locations available at Animal Kingdom. Service is good. Food is tasty but nothing to write home about.

EeyoresBestFriend
06-12-2015, 09:41 PM
We love it there.

Yes, it is busy and tight but it has a great vibe and the food has always been tasty. There is always way too much food but if you've liked the QS you'll love the restaurant. It is similar and more variety of choices for dishes and the pineapple wonton dessert is wonderful :cloud9:

I would say definitely worth the effort.

cer
06-12-2015, 11:18 PM
We've enjoyed the ribs here a couple of times - it's a very large portion.

The Fried Wontons, (skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey-vanilla drizzle) is one of the best desserts I have had on property. I have heard good things about the Mango Pie, but I have never been able to try it because if I did I would have to forgo the Fried Wontons and that just is not going to happen.

DonaldDuckUSA
06-13-2015, 10:06 AM
We enjoyed it. We split an entree (and maybe a side) and had plenty of food. We enjoyed the food a lot.

It was a very sunny and crowded AK day. The atmosphere inside YY was a nice break. We felt recharged after dining there. It made the day better. :D

We also felt the TS experience was a better value than the CS. Granted, it wasn't as cheap, but we thought the food quality was better and it was worth it to sit indoors and get away from the noise for a few seconds.

Terra
06-13-2015, 03:47 PM
Thank you! Yeah I've only done the CS because I'm usually with my sons.
In the summer I just go with my best friend for "mommy's day out!" ;)
So we are going to try this.

Arielfan98
06-14-2015, 01:08 AM
I definitely think you and your kids will love Yak & Yeti. In my opinion, I felt it was just an upscale "Chinese" restaurant with Mongolian dishes. I don't see why your kids wouldn't like it if they're used to typical American-Chinese takeout. I really liked the brown rice and Mongolian beef they served there. Enjoy!

magicofdisney
06-14-2015, 08:18 AM
We've enjoyed the ribs here a couple of times - it's a very large portion.

The Fried Wontons, (skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey-vanilla drizzle) is one of the best desserts I have had on property. I have heard good things about the Mango Pie, but I have never been able to try it because if I did I would have to forgo the Fried Wontons and that just is not going to happen.

:thumbsup:

I would go here for dessert alone, even though I've never done that. They're just that good.

MNNHFLTX
06-14-2015, 09:50 AM
We love Yak and Yeti--very cool atmosphere! Their dishes don't just reflect traditional Chinese fare, but some also have an Indian and Japanese influence. Our favorites include the chicken tikka and honey-crisp chicken, and the pot-stickers as an appetizer are delicious!

NJGIRL
06-14-2015, 11:06 AM
We have eaten there a couple of times. We like the food....IMO it's typical Asian food nothing exotic. They also give you large portions. My husband and I share plates when we go. The only bad thing I have to say about the place was the last time we were there the chef came out to talk to me and he was very, very rude.

VacationDisney
06-15-2015, 11:10 AM
We don't care for the Yak & Yeti TS, however, we like the QS.

Last time we were there the place was empty. Surprised we even needed ADR's.
The table was sticky and the room overall felt dirty. Our server was not attentive at all.

The food is OK. Nothing to write home about. We do like the QS option.

ThanxForNoticin
06-15-2015, 11:56 AM
Y&Y has become a favorite of ours, and a regular stop for us most trips. We have never been disappointed by the food. And I agree with the posts about the wonton dessert - that alone would be worth the trip! But they also have some very good selections on the menu....

#1donaldfan
06-16-2015, 02:48 PM
Yak n Yeti is great. The atmosphere and food is great !! You will enjoy, I'm sure !!:thumbsup:

Terra
06-21-2015, 06:54 AM
I definitely think you and your kids will love Yak & Yeti. In my opinion, I felt it was just an upscale "Chinese" restaurant with Mongolian dishes. I don't see why your kids wouldn't like it if they're used to typical American-Chinese takeout. I really liked the brown rice and Mongolian beef they served there. Enjoy!
If they have noodles, we are set! LOL.
Thank you! :)

We have eaten there a couple of times. We like the food....IMO it's typical Asian food nothing exotic. They also give you large portions. My husband and I share plates when we go. The only bad thing I have to say about the place was the last time we were there the chef came out to talk to me and he was very, very rude.
Oh no :/ What happened that he was rude??

Thanks everyone. Can't wait to give it a whirl.

Davy Crockett
06-22-2015, 09:51 PM
I've never had a chance to do the Yak & Yeti sit down dining and am thinking of trying it this summer one of our girl's nights out to EPCOT. Generally we just do QS because I'm with my kiddos and they aren't much for exotic food. They will try a bit, but paying the money for a bite doesn't thrill me ;)

Anyway, who has eaten there and what did you think personally on food, service, atmosphere?
And if you do like it, what do you recommend?

We eat there almost every trip, but you do know it's at AK not EPCOT...
I would recommend it during your next trip.

Katzateer
06-23-2015, 07:41 AM
The Fried Wontons, (skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey-vanilla drizzle) is one of the best desserts I have had on property. .

The dessert is wonderful! I have only gone a couple of times because I can't go to AK without lunch at Flametree BBQ. Maybe when AK is open later we will dine there again. Our portions were rather small but it has been a few years since we ate there.

tnpoohbear
06-25-2015, 02:15 PM
We love it! It is always a must do for us. They have a skirt steak (I think that was the cut) and it was delicious. But I have never had anything there that I did not like. As someone else mentioned the fried wontons for dessert as wonderful! It is a little loud and packed. We love to eat upstairs near the window.:mickey:

snowflakegirl
06-26-2015, 01:12 PM
Yak and Yeti is a staple of my last few trips. This trip we added in several new restaurants and are going to Sanaa on our Animal Kingdom day, otherwise we would be going again. The seared Miso Salmon is tasty and I love the Mango Pie for desert.

RAIDER
07-01-2015, 04:21 PM
Love the menu at yak and yeti its a must go to place for us ..I love the lettuce cups