PDA

View Full Version : Gluten Free

queenstorm
06-12-2015, 10:24 AM
Hello All,

I will be in Disney later this month. I along with three other people in my party need to eat gluten free (2adults and 2 children). Please let me know the best places to dine in the parks as well as DTD and the resorts.

Thanks!

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
06-12-2015, 11:04 AM
Anywhere and everywhere! Disney really does a terrific job with gluten free options. Our entire family of five eats gluten free. While you obviously will not be able to eat some obvious things, like the Mickey-shaped soft pretzels and churros, there are plenty of options everywhere, from table service, to quick service, to the food carts. Just make sure to mention that you are gluten free at every eating establishment and you will learn very quickly what you can and cannot eat. We have never experienced a location where the options were so limited that we would not eat there again.

azcavalier
06-12-2015, 03:03 PM
Yep, every single restaurant will have good gluten-free options.

I will say that my wife's favorites for gluten-free eating are Whispering Canyon Cafe, Artist Point, and the Plaza. She got a burger, and the chef prepared the gluten-free bun in a way that it was almost indistinguishable from a regular bun. He heats it up, then soaks it with olive oil, then grills/toasts it. He brought us out a sample on a plate, and it was really good!

Also, try Erin McKenna's bakery at Downtown Disney. Everything there is gluten-free, and as someone who doesn't eat gluten-free, I thought her items were great! I had great coffee cake and pound cake. My wife had donuts and tea cakes. It even kept overnight and didn't dry out.

Seriously, just let the restaurant know as soon as you make the ADRs (or if you've already done that, let them know when you check in), and they'll do everything they can to make it great.