PDA

View Full Version : Akershus or Coral Reef??

margiem
06-12-2015, 07:33 AM
Hi all! We are trying to decide where to have lunch our last day which will be Thanksgiving day. We are flying home that night. Staying at BCV we thought it would be best to just walk over to Epcot our last day, enjoy the park and have a "Thanksgiving" lunch. My son has food allergies and Autism so his diet is very limited. I have it down between these two because they serve "Thanksgiving" and the all important the Allergy Free Chicken Tenders. I am the only one who cares to see the princesses so that is not really a reason to choose Akershus. I currently have a reservation there but wanted to get some opinions. Also just wondering what Disney's version of Dining on Thanksgiving Day really is. Help

Margie M

azcavalier
06-12-2015, 09:06 AM
My opinion would be Coral Reef, as you've said that you're the only one who would care to see the Princesses. Coral Reef is entertaining for everyone. Plus the food is pretty good, IMHO.

disney1026
06-12-2015, 09:11 AM
I would recommend Coral Reef. For me, the only reason to eat at Akershus is to see the princesses. So if that is not the main motivator, I would go to Coral Reef. Now, I have only eaten dinner at Akershus one time (last November), but the food was not that great. Atmosphere was wonderful and the kids loved the princesses, but it was the worst food I ate the whole time I was there (butternut squash ravioli). Maybe it was just a bad night?

Tink1
06-12-2015, 09:11 AM
We ate at both places in April. I enjoyed Coral Reef more.

Nanc

John
06-12-2015, 09:23 AM
I'm gonna have to go coral reef as well. It tends to be a little noisy because of the huge glass wall into the tanks at the front of the room, but the food is great, as is the view. Have always had tasty meals there.

margiem
06-12-2015, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the opinions. I changed the reservation to the Coral Reef. I was lucky - they had one good lunch time opening left. Now I just have to wait 163 days until my trip! Thanks again.

VacationDisney
06-15-2015, 11:11 AM
Another vote for Coral Reef:thumbsup: