PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Cafe

thads
06-11-2015, 04:45 PM
For the last 4 trips, we have made reservations at Whispering Canyon for the evening of our arrival. Even though we are not at the park, my kids love to ride the bus to MK and take the boat ride over for dinner. It is a great way to start the trip. This year, I was not able to get a reservation there. As I was looking for another TS that had a boat ride associated with it, the Grand Floridian Cafe came up. We have never spent any time at this resort, so I am happy to go exploring there. How is dinner at this restaurant? Is it worth a TS point?

VacationDisney
06-11-2015, 05:56 PM
We have eaten at the Grand Floridian Cafe a few times and love it. We have never had a bad meal there. It's a relaxing type atmosphere very different from Whispering Canyon (we like it here as well).

If you don't feel like using a TS credit then pay out of pocket.

KarenP
06-11-2015, 06:55 PM
I think the Grand Floridian Cafe is a hidden gem. I have eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner here and have always had good food and wonderful service. It also has pretty views of the rose gardens.

thads
06-11-2015, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the advice. I am looking forward to it. Too bad it will be dark so we can't see the garden.

faline
06-11-2015, 07:28 PM
Terrific restaurant! Whenever possible, we end our trip with a lunch at this location.

missymouseworld
06-11-2015, 07:34 PM
If you are there late enough, the marina at the GF is a great place to see the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom. They also have an Electrical Water Parade on the lagoon. BTW, had breakfast at the Grand Floridian Café and it was very good also...didn't get a chance to have dinner there when we stayed.

buzznwoodysmom
06-11-2015, 10:59 PM
My family thinks Grand Floridian Cafe is an overlooked gem! The food is great and the atmosphere is so relaxing. Now, it's a far cry from the vibe your used to at WCC, but we loved GFC for its own quiet and calm vibe. And what better way to start your trip than a ride on the monorail before or after dinner!

Hammer
06-12-2015, 09:56 AM
Love Grand Floridian Cafe! We have eaten lunch and dinner and they are great, but our favorite meal there is breakfast. We always have breakfast on our departure day. Have the lobster hash, which is their take on Lobster Eggs Benedict. It is delicious :tasty: !

lawgirl
06-28-2015, 04:42 PM
We did brunch there a while back and it was great. The atmosphere was beautiful, and the service was very attentive. I thought the prices were very reasonable for brunch for being in such a nice setting. And it wasn't jam packed. I would go back. I thought it was very upscale without a crazy price tag.