PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the podcasts!

laprana
06-11-2015, 10:06 AM
Just wanted to take a minute and say Thank You for the great podcasts. I just recently discovered them, and have been binge-listening ever since! They offer a lot of great information (I now have a list of bathrooms to visit on my next WDW trip! :secret:), but they're also just downright fun to listen to. I've been struggling through a difficult time lately, and these podcasts have really helped get me through some days. Listening to a group of Disney fans like me talk about one of my favorite subjects, and laugh almost the whole time, really lifts my spirits. As silly as it sounds, I find myself thinking a lot while listening, "I wish I could hang out with these people!" :blush: Anyway, just wanted to express my gratitude. Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

Melanie
06-11-2015, 10:40 AM
Disney bathrooms are a very serious topic.

:D

Fangorn
06-11-2015, 11:18 AM
Disney bathrooms are a very serious topic.

:D

Right up there with beer!

Steve

Melanie
06-11-2015, 11:23 AM
Right up there with beer!

Steve

Kind of go hand in hand. :blush:

Fangorn
06-11-2015, 01:29 PM
Kind of go hand in hand. :blush:

Indeed!

Steve

John
06-11-2015, 03:33 PM
Laura:

As someone who has gone through some tough times myself over the past couple years, I just wanted to say...

1) I hope your worries and tough times are coming to an end if they aren't already...

and

2) thanks so much for the feedback and your listenership. It means the world to all of us who do that show... it really does.

Glad we have you sucked in! ;)

Yungbuck73
06-11-2015, 05:33 PM
Great post Laura,
We felt the same way about "hanging out" with the podcast crew. That is the main reason we went to the ICOT 15 weekend and have met and really enjoy hanging out with everyone. Great bunch of people.
I am so happy I found Intercot and very happy whenever a new podcast is uploaded(by the way need a new one soon, going through withdrawals.)
Hope things get better for you. Intercot podcast and boards are a great distraction from life.

John
06-11-2015, 05:36 PM
Great post Laura,
We felt the same way about "hanging out" with the podcast crew. That is the main reason we went to the ICOT 15 weekend and have met and really enjoy hanging out with everyone. Great bunch of people.
I am so happy I found Intercot and very happy whenever a new podcast is uploaded(by the way need a new one soon, going through withdrawals.)
Hope things get better for you. Intercot podcast and boards are a great distraction from life.

New one is recorded and will be out this weekend ;)

Yungbuck73
06-11-2015, 05:38 PM
I know I'm greedy. Just loving hearing everyone and of course always great info.

laprana
06-12-2015, 11:58 AM
Laura:

As someone who has gone through some tough times myself over the past couple years, I just wanted to say...

1) I hope your worries and tough times are coming to an end if they aren't already...

and

2) thanks so much for the feedback and your listenership. It means the world to all of us who do that show... it really does.

Glad we have you sucked in! ;)

Thank you so much. That really means a lot.

I am 100% sucked in! I listened to the marathon weekend wrap-up podcast last night and just hearing Christine talk about her experience was so inspiring I started to think I wanted to run the marathon! Then I remembered I couldn't run to save my life even if being chased by a rabid T-rex on a burning wooden bridge over a giant chasm. :D I think cheering would be much more my speed!

Can't wait for the next podcast! Thanks again. :mickey:

Yungbuck73
06-12-2015, 12:06 PM
Cheering is awesome but you can do a 5K. I didn't think I could do it either but I have done 3 and now training for my 1st 10K. Running in Disney is so much fun.

Melanie
06-12-2015, 02:17 PM
I am 100% sucked in! I listened to the marathon weekend wrap-up podcast last night and just hearing Christine talk about her experience was so inspiring I started to think I wanted to run the marathon! Then I remembered I couldn't run to save my life even if being chased by a rabid T-rex on a burning wooden bridge over a giant chasm. :D I think cheering would be much more my speed!

It definitely is inspiring, as Ian was declaring by Sunday this year that he was doing the Dopey Challenge next year! :funny: But seriously, like Justin said, starting with the 5K, which is totally doable in whatever shape you may be in (for me - OUT of shape), and then building up to 10K, half, full, is a journey. Since we've started doing this, we've seen so many ICOTees work their way up and reach incredible personal goals. My personal goal is to be the best cheer person ever, but Justin will always have me beat there. :razz:

Yungbuck73
06-12-2015, 03:39 PM
It definitely is inspiring, as Ian was declaring by Sunday this year that he was doing the Dopey Challenge next year! :funny: But seriously, like Justin said, starting with the 5K, which is totally doable in whatever shape you may be in (for me - OUT of shape), and then building up to 10K, half, full, is a journey. Since we've started doing this, we've seen so many ICOTees work their way up and reach incredible personal goals. My personal goal is to be the best cheer person ever, but Justin will always have me beat there. :razz:

Thanks Melanie but until I make all 4 days cheering and screaming and yelling, and getting your hands beat up from the cowbells, you have me beat. 2016 will be my 1st full marathon day out there cheering.
Laura, trust me if I can get my butt out there and finish a 5K, ANYONE can do it.

laprana
06-12-2015, 03:56 PM

I actually tried running a couple years ago when I decided to get in better shape and lose some weight. I ended up hurting my knee and that was the end of that, lol! I started doing power yoga after that and finally found something I could stick with and halfway, kind of enjoyed. To date, I've lost 50 pounds! :) I should think about trying running again. Doing a 5K in WDW would be great motivation! Maybe with the extra weight gone it might come a little easier? I still think cheering might be a better sport for me...I can ring a mean cowbell! :D

Yungbuck73
06-21-2015, 01:48 PM
New one is recorded and will be out this weekend ;)

"clears throat"
LOL

BriarRose0708
06-22-2015, 09:52 AM
Laura, I know what you mean! I talk back to the group during the pod casts all the time, lol! It's even more fin to hang out with them in person, I hope if there's an ICOT20 we do another live show. It would be awesome to meet you, too!:mickey:

laprana
06-24-2015, 10:44 AM
Laura, I know what you mean! I talk back to the group during the pod casts all the time, lol! It's even more fin to hang out with them in person, I hope if there's an ICOT20 we do another live show. It would be awesome to meet you, too!:mickey:

Haha! I do the same thing and chime in while I'm listening like I'm part of the conversation! :D I would definitely try to make it to an ICOT20 meet, if there is one. It would be great to meet you in person, too! :mickey: