PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre interaction with Disney Tech Dept

Pally
06-10-2015, 12:09 PM
I had to call Disney Tech Dept because my husband was not showing up on my list of family with tickets.

The evening before we had created an account for him with his favorite character and linked our accounts. Everything looked okay on both accounts with the links also being linked successfully.

When I spoke to the Tech Dept they had successfully changed one of my sons birthday's which I entered incorrectly. She was also able to add my husband to account showing his tickets. She was not able to correct his missing character. She would have someone check into that.

The bizarre part was she rather abruptly and slightly rudely wanted to know the reasons why husband was creating an account. Her tone and mannerism made me feel that I had done some terrible illegal something? She then went on about how we should really be sharing an account with me giving him the password to the one account that would be shared etc...

What could see possibly think we are doing?

I had thought it a good idea because we might not all be together and he could have control also because we are linked. There will be the two of us and sons aged 20 and 21. Husband and older son are not thrill riders to we might be separted at times.

I can see her point of having one account, but what is the difference if we have our own. What is your take on her over curious questioning about my husband and I having our own accounts?:confused:

Speedy1998
06-10-2015, 12:56 PM
I am sorry that the cast member was rude and abrupt.

I think I know the reason though. I have heard elsewhere that having multiple accounts is the latest version of how people are booking multiple ADRs for the same time.

dnickels
06-10-2015, 12:58 PM
One of the flaws/loopholes that has existed with FP+ involves people setting up multiple accounts (say a different email for each separate visit and each separate Magic Band) and linking them all together in a way that those people were able to book many more FP than the 3 they were supposed to be getting. I'm too ethical and/or lazy to go to all that trouble to be able to ride Soarin' twice in the same day but some of the less ethical Disney sites out there have promoted this idea to the point that Disney is working to crack down on it. Maybe they thought that was what you were trying to do.

I wouldn't read too much into it though, when dealing with someone over the phone, same as in dealing with someone over the internet it's impossible to know if they were trying to be a jerk or if they were asking questions they're required to ask or if that's just the way they are. One person's sarcasm or direct manner can easily be taken as rude, I doubt her intent was to be rude and accuse you of doing something improper. :twocents:

Speedy1998
06-10-2015, 01:07 PM
One of the flaws/loopholes that has existed with FP+ involves people setting up multiple accounts (say a different email for each separate visit and each separate Magic Band) and linking them all together in a way that those people were able to book many more FP than the 3 they were supposed to be getting. I'm too ethical and/or lazy to go to all that trouble to be able to ride Soarin' twice in the same day but some of the less ethical Disney sites out there have promoted this idea to the point that Disney is working to crack down on it. Maybe they thought that was what you were trying to do.

:

I didn't know that people were doing that, I had only heard about the multiple ADRs

BrerGnat
06-10-2015, 01:56 PM
Yeah, it is because people are totally gaming the system by creating multiple accounts. It stinks that people do that, but that is Disney's problem, not yours. You were not doing anything wrong. My husband and I have had our own Disney.com accounts for years now. The tech support person should not have gotten rude about it. It is up to them to figure out a way to prevent people from doing what they are doing if they do not want to allow it.

Pally
06-10-2015, 02:28 PM
Thanks for your opinions. It doesn't surprise me one bit that people would try to undermine the system. Unfortunately, we see this all the time in day to day life. People telling half truths, leaving out details to skew the truth, being loud and abnoxicous to get there way.

My whole family is probaby too honest to a fault. I certainly don't look at life and say, how can I cheat to take advantage of something or someone. That is why I was taken off guard by her questioning.

Makes one disappointed in humanity that we have become such a ME,ME and only ME mentality.

Oh well, I will just have to keep any eye out for those people who will take advantage and not become a casuality.

Now, back to trip planning.:mickey:

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
06-10-2015, 03:09 PM
They think my email address belongs to the Simmons family. I tried once to get it changed. guess I will try again.

John
06-10-2015, 04:13 PM
Here's the bottom line -

1) THIS IS DISNEY'S FAULT - fix the system. It should recognize if accounts are linked and how many fastpasses each have

2) NO ONE SHOULD EVER SHARE PASSWORDS - security one oh one ;) - I get that it's family but multiple people should not be sharing one account and one password. The proper way to do things is to set up individual accounts and then ALLOW for someone via another account to modify your plans with your permission.

Oh and to the last thing, if there is a loophole - someone will find it. In other words - again - fix the system. It cost a billion dollars - it should do simple stuff like this right :)

For someone to be rude or imply you are doing anything wrong is poor customer service. Shame on them.

BrerGnat
06-10-2015, 04:36 PM
I don't understand why they simply cannot set it up such that the ONLY magic band that will work with FP+ on any given day is the same one that was used to enter the park. That should be a given.

As for restaurant ADRs...simple solution: Abolish the whole system and make every restaurant a walk up. In my dreams, I know.

NewDVCowner
06-10-2015, 05:09 PM
I may be way off but the first time I set up the MDE account with my family I could have sworn it said that everyone should set up their own account and then I'd be able to add them to friends and family.

Tink1
06-10-2015, 05:13 PM
I may be way off but the first time I set up the MDE account with my family I could have sworn it said that everyone should set up their own account and then I'd be able to add them to friends and family.

Yep, this is what they say!

Nanc

Tink1
06-10-2015, 05:15 PM
They think my email address belongs to the Simmons family. I tried once to get it changed. guess I will try again.

my work email (which has my FULL name in it) is tied to the O'Brien family.

Wonder if it is Gary :shake::laughing:

Nanc

Melanie
06-10-2015, 05:18 PM
I had no idea folks were cheating the system like this. Wow. And meantime folks are having to get up at midnight on their 60 day mark to make FP+. Unbelievable.

Pally
06-10-2015, 09:28 PM
Just WOW also.:(

brownie
06-10-2015, 09:45 PM
Yep, this is what they say!

Nanc

My bride and our youngest have their own accounts. This is Disney's problem and is no excuse for rude behavior.