PDA

View Full Version : What's your dream Disney trip?

parrothed26
06-08-2015, 08:14 AM
I've been to a WDW 37 times. I've done most everything there. We usually take our kids once a year but in recent years the trips have become shorter and shorter due to expense. So with our last trip being spring break 2014 we decided not to return until we can afford a spectacular trip. We're planning on 8 days in September 2016 at POR (our favorite resort) with water parks, sit down dinners, plenty of spending money, but most importantly to me a flight instead of a drive (12 hours for us).

Would you rather have a few short trips (1-2 days) or one BIG trip? What's your dream trip?

faline
06-08-2015, 08:16 AM
I prefer longer trips where I can take things at a relaxed pace and enjoy dining and pool time as well as the parks.

baldburke
06-08-2015, 01:21 PM
My dream trip would be waits of no more than 30 minutes per attraction, weather at 85 degrees or less with the chance of precip at 20% or less. I think everything else would fall into place from there.

AndrewJackson
06-08-2015, 03:07 PM
My dream trip would be waits of no more than 30 minutes per attraction, weather at 85 degrees or less with the chance of precip at 20% or less. I think everything else would fall into place from there.

Ditto. Would like to visit when crowds are around the 1/10 or 2/10 range. I'm not sure if the even exist anymore.

buzznwoodysmom
06-08-2015, 06:00 PM
My dream trip would be no need for ADRs every day much less FP+!!!!!

I prefer longer trips with time to relax. Short spontaneous trips can be fun too, but I like to have a lot of time once I am there. I would say we have already taken some of our "dream" trips.

We once did 7 nights at Beach Club, followed by a surprise 3 nights at the Poly. Both were resorts we'd been wanting to try. It was nice having so much time to just be able to relax, enjoy the resorts, and feel like we had time to do everything we wanted without too much rushing.

Another dream trip was Christmas at Wilderness Lodge. It's our favorite resort on property and I had always dreamed of waking up there on Christmas morning. We finally did it a few years ago. I am so glad we were able to do that while the kids were still somewhat young. Don't know that we'll ever get around to doing that again.

Now my dream trips are more along the lines of heading to Disney destinations we haven't been too yet. Would love to try to do Hilton Head Island next 4th of July. And also looking forward to Disneyland soon!

Terra
06-09-2015, 10:47 PM
It's a little different for me since I'm a Florida resident. But if dreaming ;)
A dream trip would be 2-3 days staying in the Contemporary resort and doing "the World".
Mainly because it is my oldest son's dream. He is Autistic, and also has Sensory Integration Disorder, ADHD, and anxiety. Disney is one of the few things that really touch him! And he is just over the moon every time we take the monorail through the Contemporary. He tells me all the time "when I'm rich we will stay there mom" <3

We've stayed in the value resorts a couple of times. Generally when we do a mini weekend away, (once a year), we stay off Property on 192 because it is inexpensive.

Cinderelley
06-11-2015, 02:37 PM
I always stay at least a week when I go. It is so far away, anything less isn't really worth the trip to me.

My dream trip? One where I could take all of my family and friends with me.
We would be the flag family at Wilderness Lodge.
My son could do the flag retreat in MK.
My daughter, myself and female friends would take over bibbidi bobbidi boutique and become princesses before heading off to MNSSHP.
Riding BTMRR with my older son beside me.
Trying new foods at the Food & Wine Festival with my younger son.
Breakfast at Crystal Palace
Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe
Dinner at Raglan Road
Illuminations Fireworks Cruise
Portrait sessions with the Disney Photographers
Just the craziness of being together with everyone I love