PDA

View Full Version : Spice Road Table

Katzateer
06-06-2015, 07:23 AM
Is this a good location to watch Illuminations? Do they have any wonderful desserts?

MNNHFLTX
06-06-2015, 03:03 PM
We did not watch Illuminations from Spice Road when we ate there in March, but since it's right on the lagoon I'm sure it has an excellent view of the show. As far as desserts, the saffron lemon custard was delicious; that was the only dessert we ordered. We enjoyed the other food as well--beef and chicken kabobs, lamb sliders and hummus fries. About the only thing negative I can say about the restaurant is that the service seemed hot and cold--our server was very attentive initially and then kind of dropped the ball at the end of our meal.

TheDuckRocks
06-08-2015, 12:28 PM
...the service seemed hot and cold--our server was very attentive initially and then kind of dropped the ball at the end of our meal.

We are finding this happening to us more and more lately and not just at Disney World. It is curious to me, who once was a waitress, that it is so hard to find your server and get your bill paid. Getting your customers up and out gives you a great opportunity to get another group seated and a second tip coming your way.

SBETigg
06-08-2015, 05:04 PM
I have the same issue as Beth. The food was good. The service started out great and then dropped off and we waited a long time between courses or for drink refills and paying the bill. I think there are some tables that have a view, but I'm not sure it's a place where I would count on having a view. It never seems to be overly crowded, though, so chances are probably good.

azcavalier
06-09-2015, 10:30 AM
We were totally underwhelmed. The service was fine (as it should have been....we were the ONLY people in the restaurant for lunch that day). I think we just don't care for the "small plates" style of dining. We each ordered a few things, got small portions, paid a pretty penny for lunch, and left hungry because we didn't want to spend more.

So, not sure if that's us, or the style of dining. What we ate was tasty, to be sure. Just wish there had been more of it.

MNNHFLTX
06-09-2015, 05:45 PM
We were totally underwhelmed. The service was fine (as it should have been....we were the ONLY people in the restaurant for lunch that day). I think we just don't care for the "small plates" style of dining. We each ordered a few things, got small portions, paid a pretty penny for lunch, and left hungry because we didn't want to spend more.

So, not sure if that's us, or the style of dining. What we ate was tasty, to be sure. Just wish there had been more of it.azcavalier, once Spice Table started participating in the the Dining Plan, they also started serving regular entrees in addition to a reduced number of small plates. When we ate there in August our meals were both entree-sized.

azcavalier
06-10-2015, 08:48 AM
azcavalier, once Spice Table started participating in the the Dining Plan, they also started serving regular entrees in addition to a reduced number of small plates. When we ate there in August our meals were both entree-sized.

In that case, we may give it another shot!

Melanie
06-10-2015, 09:59 AM
And I'm kinda iffy on the fact that 'because of the dining plan', an entire style of restaurant had to be changed. I thought it was nice that small plates was their thing.

SBETigg
06-10-2015, 10:24 AM
And I'm kinda iffy on the fact that 'because of the dining plan', an entire style of restaurant had to be changed. I thought it was nice that small plates was their thing.

I agree. I'm fine as long as they offer both, but I think they should have been able to keep to the idea that it was a small plates place. I love small plates or tapas style dining.