PDA

View Full Version : FP+ Burners

Stu29573
06-04-2015, 02:30 PM
Ok, we have not been to WDW since FP+, so my question is this; which attractions do you not need to bother with FP+?
Thanks!

CleveSJM
06-04-2015, 04:31 PM
Great question!

My list:
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
Living with the Land
Captain EO
Journey Into Imagination With Figment
Mission: SPACE Green
Spaceship Earth
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Turtle Talk with Crush
The Barnstormer
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Festival of Fantasy (afternoon parade)
The Haunted Mansion
it's a small world
Mad Tea Party
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Main Street Electrical Parade (evening parade)
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
Peter Pan's Flight
Pirates of the Caribbean
Splash Mountain
Tomorrowland Speedway
Town Square Theater Mickey Mouse Meet and Greet
Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
Wishes Nighttime Spectacular
Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage
The Great Movie Ride
Disney Junior - Live on Stage!
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
Muppet*Vision 3D
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
DINOSAUR
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo - The Musical
It's Tough to Be a Bug!
Kali River Rapids
Primeval Whirl

azcavalier
06-04-2015, 04:44 PM
Man, I think it would be easier to list which ones require FP+

MK:
7DMT
Splash
Big Thunder Mountain

AK:
Expedition Everest
Kali River Rapids

Epcot:
Soarin'
Test Track

DHS:
Toy Story Midway Mania
Tower of Terror
RnRC

Now, there are a few rides that may or may not need it, depending on when you go and what time of day you hit them. For some reason, it seems that SSE at Epcot has a much longer wait than it ever had before. So, you may want to use a FP+ for that. We have chosen NOT to use our FP+ on RnRC or ToT at DHS, because they're "tiered", and we'd much rather blow it on TSM and then wait for 30 minutes to ride RnRC, than use it on RnRC and then have to wait 90 minutes for TSM. We never use a FP+ on Kilimanjaro Safari at AK, because we always hit it first thing (animals are more active early). And it's debatable if Kali River Rapids needs it. We've never had more than a 20 min wait on that ride. So a FP+ is wasted. However, there just aren't enough other attractions at AK that need it, and you have to pick *something*, so we do that. We would never use one on Peter Pan, because we would rather use it on what we consider the "Big Three" at MK - Splash Mountain, BTMRR, and 7DMT. We'll do standby at HM and PoTC.

But that's us.

Stu29573
06-04-2015, 04:59 PM
Wow! Thanks guys!!!

DNS
06-04-2015, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I wanted to just hit the must have's and not plan every single minute.
So thanks from me too!

Melanie
06-04-2015, 07:16 PM
Yeah, but what's happened with the addition of FP+ is that attractions that didn't need FP before, have longer standby lines now. I was just making my FP+ the other day for my July trip and was seriously contemplating things like Haunted Mansion, Living with the Land, Great Movie Ride, etc. So sad what it's become.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-04-2015, 09:05 PM
I would be sure to get one for Peter Pan, those lines are long!

I was also very surprised at how long the line was for Great Movie Ride, although it was often better later in the day. Same with Haunted Mansion, the line can get way longer than usual, but you can usually catch a time when it isn't too bad.

CleveSJM
06-04-2015, 09:30 PM

Good catch. I agree. I thought I took that one out of my list.

azcavalier
06-04-2015, 10:50 PM

I was also very surprised at how long the line was for Great Movie Ride, although it was often better later in the day. Same with Haunted Mansion, the line can get way longer than usual, but you can usually catch a time when it isn't too bad.

This is what we've found. Living with the Land, Haunted Mansion, and Spaceship Earth seem to have longer lines now than they did before FP+. But we have just hit them at times when the lines are shorter. I mean, before, Spaceship Earth was a walk-on. Now, it's a ten minute wait. If it's more than that, then we just skip it. But i'm not going to blow a FP on it.

DANAM
06-04-2015, 11:44 PM
Definitely agree you may want to consider Peter Pan the lines were so long. You definitely don't need on for Wishes but I would highly recommend it as a viewing spot. We only booked it because it was our arrival day and I was booking something for that time anyway. So I just went with it. Man were we impressed. We arent parade firework watchers but we were totally converted. If catching the fireworks is important to your family I would recommend using a fastpass on it.

Stu29573
06-05-2015, 08:55 AM
I have now printed this whole thread out! I knew I could count on my Intercot buds! :thumbsup:

Hammer
06-05-2015, 12:17 PM
I always have recommended using a Fastpass (and now FP+) for Peter Pan for years. That line is always long! I have a joke with my sister. An alert could go out that the world was ending in 30 minutes and there still will be people standing in a posted 40 minute wait time for Peter Pan :D !

EeyoresBestFriend
06-06-2015, 12:38 PM
The rides that you needed a fastpass for before the new system are the ones you still need one for. I found after stressing about this whole thing, that pretty much still was true. It's just the rest of the ride lines had gotten a bit slower. Mornings were still quite spontaneous, ride-wise, though.

ANG
06-06-2015, 07:45 PM
Depending on the time of day and if it's important to you, we always need one for Winnie the Pooh.