PDA

View Full Version : Old Way to Get FP

FWCamper1
06-04-2015, 10:42 AM
Can we still get FPs by going to the rides and getting the paper FP or do we have to use our Phone, Computer, Ipad etc for every FP? I haven't been in 4 years.

BrerGnat
06-04-2015, 11:10 AM
No, the old system is no longer active at Walt Disney World.

You will need to have a My Disney Experience account, and you can schedule them online in advance of your trip (through the mobile app) or you can visit in park kiosks day of to get FP.

PopPhan
06-04-2015, 11:13 AM
:welcome: to INTERCOT!!

There are no more paper FastPasses, nor are there any dispensers at any of the rides. All initial FP+ selections must be made online or through the MDE app. After your initial 3 FP+ options are used, or expired, on a particular day, you are able to get additional FP+ options, one at a time, at the kiosks at each park. This allows you to park hop (if desired) and, possibly, get one or more FP+ options after your initial 3 are used or expired.

If you are staying on property, you can schedule 3 FP+, in a single park, per day of your visit at the 60 day mark prior to your arrival. If you are staying off property, you have to wait until the 30 day mark prior to your arrival.

BrerGnat
06-04-2015, 11:16 AM
:welcome: to INTERCOT!!

There are no more paper FastPasses, nor are there any dispensers at any of the rides. All initial FP+ selections must be made online or through the MDE app. After your initial 3 FP+ options are used, or expired, on a particular day, you are able to get additional FP+ options, one at a time, at the kiosks at each park. This allows you to park hop (if desired) and, possibly, get one or more FP+ options after your initial 3 are used or expired.

If you are staying on property, you can schedule 3 FP+, in a single park, per day of your visit at the 60 day mark prior to your arrival. If you are staying off property, you have to wait until the 30 day mark prior to your arrival.

You don't have to make selections via the mobile app before visiting the park. You can do it all via the kiosks once you get there. Not everyone has a smart phone.

FWCamper1
06-04-2015, 11:28 AM
Thanks. We plan on reserving them 60 days out. I was just wondering what people would do that didn't get them ahead of time.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-04-2015, 12:04 PM
If you don't get them in advance, or you want a 4th (or more) while you're in the park, there are a number of "kiosks" (basically CM's with iPads) throughout the park where you can book them.

John
06-04-2015, 10:52 PM
If you don't get them in advance, or you want a 4th (or more) while you're in the park, there are a number of "kiosks" (basically CM's with iPads) throughout the park where you can book them.

While there are usually CM's with ipads there - they are actual kiosks where you can do what you can do on the app. They are positioned at a number of locations throughout the parks. For example in MK, there are a few in fantasyland, there are (or at least were last time I looked) inside the expo/camera center next to tony's on main street. Also in tomorrowland on the left before you get to stitch.

The problem is, if you are making ride reservations day of, don't count on being able to get on something like the mine train... and possibly other popular attractions.

Last summer when we went to Epcot for a day, we were told all the FP's were gone (and that was within an hour of park opening). Crazy.