PDA

View Full Version : Magicbands and EMH

Bubsy
06-03-2015, 10:44 AM
Dear All,

I am going to MK this summer and will be using the Magicband and will not be staying on Disney property:pout:.

I will be in the park during EMH.

Will I be able to go on the rides during EMH?

Thanks for your assistance and advice.

Bubsy

sonamae80
06-03-2015, 10:52 AM
I believe the EMH are only for those guests staying at a Disney resort, but I could be wrong.

faline
06-03-2015, 11:23 AM
If you are not staying on Disney property, you can't enter the park and/or stay in the park during extra magic hours so you won't be able to ride any rides during these hours. The extra magic hours are reserved for guests who qualify for these extra hours.

Polynesian Dweller
06-03-2015, 11:50 AM
For morning EMH you will not be admitted to the park during those hours. For evening EMH if you enter before they start you are allowed to stay in the park, it's not a hard ticket event, however you will not be allowed on any of the rides during the EMH.

Bubsy
06-03-2015, 11:54 AM
Thanks for your advice and prompt responses, however, I will be in the MK at rope drop and will stay the entire day and will not be leaving, therefore, I will already be in the park when extra magical hours begins, (in this case, 12:00am until 2:00am) how will the cast members be able to determine that I am staying on property or not?

Thanks,

B

John
06-03-2015, 12:01 PM
Your magic band is linked to your reservation. If you don't have a reservation, you cannot ride any attractions during magic hours.

Bubsy
06-03-2015, 08:19 PM
I want to thank everyone for their advise and council.

Whenever, I go to WDW, I stay on Disney property, however, on this upcoming trip, I was offered a "free" deluxe accommodations off property, near the parks.

I "crunched" the numbers along with the benefits, of staying on property, was unable to sway my family.

I am now preparing my strategy, which includes being at rope drop for all the parks, maneuvering through the parks against the flow, making FP+ reservations, using the park hopper and staying at the park until closing.

I will have a magical time!!!

Thanks,

B:mickey: