PDA

View Full Version : Pirates - please........

Martino
06-02-2015, 10:39 AM
Hi, all

Well our 2 week vacation is less than 14 weeks away :thumbsup: and we are looking forward to it with much anticipation.

We are staying at Saratoga Springs again in a 2 bed villa, and have dining reservations in place and have our tickets for MNSSHP. :pumpkin:

My only disappointment (and its a big one):( is that Pirates will be down for refurbishment at MK. I completely understand that these need to be done, but our trip starts Sept 7th and ends Sept 21st, and I see the "planned" re-opening is scheduled for Sept 25th.

My DD's partner is coming with us for for his first visit and is a huge Pirates of the Caribbean fan as are all five of us.
My question is - Does anyone know if the completion dates listed ever come forward and re-open earlier than planned? Or do we have to accept that we will miss one of our favorites this time around. :sad:

Many thanks

dnickels
06-02-2015, 11:24 AM
They do sometimes open back up early, or have soft openings ahead of the official date, but it's equally as likely that the official date gets pushed back if they get into the refurb and find that more work needs to be done.

Figment104
06-02-2015, 12:44 PM
I'm not actually sure if the September completion date is correct any more. Pirates was originally supposed to start it's refurb in May and go through sometime in September (can't remember off the top of my head), but then the start of the refurb got pushed back until the beginning of June. So, I would assume that if the start date was pushed back, the end date will be pushed back as well, though I'm not 100% positive on that. This is one of our favorites too, so I completely understand the disappointment. When we were there in October, it was closed most of our trip due to issues the ride was having, so it was very frustrating since it was supposed to be open, but every time we stopped by it seemed to be down. We did finally get on it, but it was crazy the number of times it was down.

Melanie
06-02-2015, 04:21 PM
I'm not actually sure if the September completion date is correct any more. Pirates was originally supposed to start it's refurb in May and go through sometime in September (can't remember off the top of my head), but then the start of the refurb got pushed back until the beginning of June. So, I would assume that if the start date was pushed back, the end date will be pushed back as well, though I'm not 100% positive on that.

The official dates are June 8 - September 25.

We will miss Pirates as well, and that always is a bummer. But I don't get that down about it if I miss it, since after going on Disneyland's version, WDW pales in comparison.

PirateLover
06-02-2015, 10:33 PM
It's definitely a major bummer when a ride like this is down. PotC was down during one of our visits, and it just wasn't the same. As Mel mentioned, the Disneyland version is superior, but we still love riding it at WDW and our trip felt lacking without it. We've also had trips were Space Mountain AND Splash Mountain were down. But dems da breaks sometimes. Sorry pal!

tadshome
06-03-2015, 03:14 AM
It is a shame that it is down for your trip, it will also be down for my visit and it is my sons favourite ride :(. There is always a chance of a soft opening but you would need to be in the right place at the right time.

Martino
06-03-2015, 05:49 AM
.... I guess we'll have to live in hope, and keep checking when we are there! An excuse to have another dole whip float maybe? :rotfl: :clappy: :joy:

Thanks for replies guys!

We may just have to force ourselves into another visit next year lol :blush:

And at least it's not the Haunted Mansion, if that was due for refurb, I would have to re-schedule :D

TheVBs
06-03-2015, 01:28 PM
It will be down while we're there too. It's a bummer, but what can you do? We'll miss going on it but for our family, there are worse rides that could be down.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
06-03-2015, 01:59 PM
Another website had the opening date as 9/26. I can see a ride soft opening a day or two early, might be a stretch to hope for four or five days early. We were there in January and Splash Mountain wasn't scheduled to open until the day after we left. We saw them running practice logs thru on one day and heard later that the next day they had some open hours. We went back on our last day and were happy to find that it had opened a day early, and since few knew about it, we could ride it several times with little wait. Only downside, if it does open early (soft opening) it most likely won't be part of the FP+ system until official opening date.

Angryduck
06-04-2015, 10:20 AM
Bummer....I wish you the best for some soft openings or quick refurb time.

Duck. :mickey:

DANAM
06-05-2015, 01:15 AM
This ride is in desperate need of rehab. Our boat got stuck numerous items over Memorial Day weekend. It was so bad a cast member came over the ride music and told us to all raise our arms in the air and wiggle side to side. I thought it was a joke at that moment but it worked. So ever time we got stuck the enire boat just wiggled. I spent the entire voyage in ankle deep water. We were obviously sinking. It was totally disgusting. So your not missing much consider yourself lucky.