PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend

badkitty
06-02-2015, 01:54 AM
January 14 - 17, 2016

Rebel Challenge
Half Marathon
Kids races

AP and DVC early registration begins noon ET June 2nd (tomorrow). Regular registration on June 16th. Anyone signing up?

Melanie
06-02-2015, 05:25 AM
Next year (2017)!

badkitty
06-02-2015, 03:07 PM
Next year (2017)!

Yay Mel! I hope to be there in 2017 as well!

I got in today for the half marathon! Going to try for legacy on this race. I love the course; I love the time of year. It will be a quick trip. Fly down Friday after work; expo on Saturday; run on Sunday; fly home Sunday night. So excited! I was bummed I might not get any merchandise coming in on the last expo day but runDisney is offering the pre-purchase bundle of a hat, tumbled and magnet! Score!

Melanie
06-02-2015, 04:15 PM
Yay Mel! I hope to be there in 2017 as well!

I got in today for the half marathon! Going to try for legacy on this race. I love the course; I love the time of year. It will be a quick trip. Fly down Friday after work; expo on Saturday; run on Sunday; fly home Sunday night. So excited! I was bummed I might not get any merchandise coming in on the last expo day but runDisney is offering the pre-purchase bundle of a hat, tumbled and magnet! Score!

Legacy is a very cool thing! Glad you got in.

Quick weekend, but fun! Glad to see they are starting to realize the issues with the merchandise. I can't believe how those magnets go, but we are just as guilty, as we have to have them. :blush:

BrerGnat
06-02-2015, 07:26 PM
Angel will be running again in 2016, hopefully. Couldn't get in for the early registration this week since my AP lapsed. I will keep my fingers crossed that I can get him registered for the Rebel Challenge in a couple weeks.

I might run the 5k with my kids.

badkitty
06-02-2015, 10:06 PM
Nat, runDisney and Active have done some great upgrades to the process. It was so smooth and fast! I also think because I have an Active account, it knew who I was and I didn't have to type all my info. Good luck to Angel getting in!!

badkitty
06-02-2015, 10:08 PM
Legacy is a very cool thing! Glad you got in.

Quick weekend, but fun! Glad to see they are starting to realize the issues with the merchandise. I can't believe how those magnets go, but we are just as guilty, as we have to have them. :blush:

:thumbsup: Love the magnets! I'm out of room on the frig. :blush:

BrerGnat
06-16-2015, 01:08 PM
Angel is IN for the Rebel Challenge.

Our whole family, including our two boys, will be running the 5K as well!

We also booked a suite at the new Courtyard Marriott across the street that has the waterpark for the weekend. Great price for a 780 sq foot room. Only $249/night! :eek::thumbsup:

brownie
06-16-2015, 08:31 PM
I wish I could return for year 2, but with running my first marathon at WDW the weekend before it won't work for me for 2016. That, and I think my bride would probably be pretty angry if I had signed up.

Melanie
06-16-2015, 08:33 PM
I wish I could return for year 2, but with running my first marathon at WDW the weekend before it won't work for me for 2016. That, and I think my bride would probably be pretty angry if I had signed up.

It's kind of frustrating how they bunch the events up throughout the year, but there must be a reason for that. Who knows. Anyway, this will be us for '17. Plan on doing Star Wars, so no WDW Marathon weekend for us.

tcam326
06-17-2015, 10:35 AM
I'm looking forward to these races. It's my first time going to Disney;and.

Yungbuck73
06-17-2015, 04:47 PM
You are going to love Disneyland. It had such a different feel than WDW. And Walt waled there. If you have time, I would suggest doing the Walk in Walt's footsteps tour. It is great and gives ton of info.
Glad you joined us here and we will def be cheering for you during your races!:mickey::thumbsup:

brownie
06-17-2015, 08:16 PM
You are going to love Disneyland. It had such a different feel than WDW.

:ditto:

badkitty
01-15-2016, 10:33 AM
Good luck to all who are running this weekend! Run or run not. There is no try.
May the course be with you! :yoda::darth::trooper::ewok::chewy:

BrerGnat
01-15-2016, 03:21 PM
Did the 5k this morning with our two boys. Had a great time! The runners were all so pumped up and there were TONS of great costumes! Will definitely be doing this race again next year! :)