PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Charging Spots?

Mr.K
06-01-2015, 12:47 PM
We will soon be at WDW and will be doing three days in the parks (MK, Epcot, DHS - 1 day each). We do have a cell phone charger pack we carry with us and are probably going to get 1 or 2 more before we leave, but I am wondering if anyone has an good strategies or ideal locations for charging up your iphones during the day.

We find our battery life is not very good with our typical usage and with the Disney app we may be checking them quite a bit, not to mention photos and my family's facebook updates.

Are there any eateries that allow access to a wall plug or USB port during your meal?

Thanks in advance for any tips you might have.

faline
06-01-2015, 01:02 PM
There are some in the Magic Kingdom. Here is a blog post from last year:

http://thedisneyblog.com/2014/04/28/new-magic-kingdom-cell-phone-charging-locker/

I have observed folks finding an outlet here or there that they have been able to plug into but can't specially recall the locations.

Melanie
06-01-2015, 01:05 PM
There are two dedicated charging stations in the Magic Kingdom, one at the Tangled bathroom areas by It's a Small World, and one in Storybook Circus, in the tent at the very back behind the Casey Jr. Train splash area. Otherwise, I've found restaurants and other areas with a plug that I've been known to plug into at times. Pecos Bill, Splash exit area come to mind.

The other parks haven't followed suit with dedicated charging areas, but I've also found plugs here and there. I don't know of any specific restaurants that specifically allow charging during meals, but I may just not be aware.

ETA: I forgot about those charging stations Faline references. I need to check those out.

minnie04
06-01-2015, 01:34 PM
There is one in the back of the store at Space Mountain too. I think they should have more around and call them "MICKEY Bars" long power strips that a lot of people can stand and charge away. I bought the extra charger just for Disney its really cute it's black, red and yellow and says Mickey Mouse on it. I very picky who Ilet use it. lol I never seem to need more than that in the park.

Melanie
06-01-2015, 01:52 PM
There is one in the back of the store at Space Mountain too.

I wasn't aware of that one! Thanks.

magicofdisney
06-01-2015, 02:54 PM
In Epcot, there are a couple of plugs around the tables at the Electric Umbrella. Specifically I'm referring to the round eating area that overlooks the water fountains.

Disney now offers free wifi in the parks so that may cut down on your battery usage. I seems to for me.

At MK, there's a plug right outside Pecos Bill that I plugged into one night during Spectromagic. It's right next to an exit door that faces the street that routes the parade.

In DHS, at The Writer's Stop, there is a plug (or two) next to the large lounge chairs in the middle of the shop. These two chairs are across from the pastry counter, next to the TV. This is a nice place to hang out with coffee and a pastry while reading or watching TV and charging your device.

Melanie
06-01-2015, 04:03 PM
In DHS, at The Writer's Stop, there is a plug (or two) next to the large lounge chairs in the middle of the shop. These two chairs are across from the pastry counter, next to the TV. This is a nice place to hang out with coffee and a pastry while reading or watching TV and charging your device.

Good one!!! I'll have to remember that.

I've used the ones on the pillars INSIDE Electric Umbrella many times. They are in the seating area that looks right outside across to MouseGear.

joonyer
06-01-2015, 08:02 PM
Small portable chargers are by far the best option at Disney. You don't have to stop and wait in one location, can re-charge them overnight and then re-charge your phone wherever you are.

AvonleaCF
06-02-2015, 03:43 PM
I remember sitting on a bench just inside the Land entrance with a wall outlet next to the bench. Very handy.

DisneyGiant
06-02-2015, 03:59 PM
Small portable chargers are by far the best option at Disney. You don't have to stop and wait in one location, can re-charge them overnight and then re-charge your phone wherever you are.

This is what we do - so we're never without power.

Patricia
06-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Ones I know of or have read about.

MK
All of the "use your credit card to lock and unlock" stations have been removed. People were confused about having to insert a credit card for something that was free..

Did you know you can check in your device at Guest Relations in any of the 4 theme parks? They will will give you a bag tag to reclaim it later. You must provide your own plug to use this service!

Magic Kingdom:
Just outside of the City Hall washrooms there are two sets of wall plugs on either side of the building.

Tomorrowland Terrace - along the lower area wall, towards the water, you will find outlets.

Tangled Washroom area. These are hidden in fake tree stumps.

Cosmic Rays - on the pillars by the food toppings bar, also in the hall on the way to the washrooms - I've seen Ian sitting on the floor there.:secret:

Train Station - on the upstairs patio. Sit and recharge you and your phone. there are other outlets here and there downstairs but it's usually too crowded.

The main entry locker rental has outlets too.. I'd only go here when it's not busy.

Pinocchio Village Haus - upstairs in the balcony, outlets!

Columbia Harbour House - This is where I have seen the most outlets, they are everywhere. Head up the little room over the walkway and have a bite while charging up.

Pecos Bills - in the outdoor eating area along the wall. Handy, right next to the tables, during off times it can be pretty dead in here and you can find a primo charging table. One of my favorite charging spots.

EPCOT
Epcot world showcase - just to the right, inside the doors of the Mexican pavilion. I sit on the floor here and wait for my peeps to bring me a drink. There are outlets outside too.

Norway and Morrocco have outlets outside.

Hollywood Studios

Animation Courtyard.. there are a few outlets scattered here.
The Writers Shop - as previously mentioned.

Animal Kingdom

Pizzafari - outlets in one of the seating areas. I'm sure there are other outlets in Animal Kingdom, but by the time they built that park they were much better at hiding things. I've read there is one near a bench by Nemo that is hidden in the plants.

Speedy1998
06-03-2015, 12:51 PM

I got one before my last trip that is about the size of my cell phone, and can fully recharge my phone (iphone 5) 8 times. I think it was $50 on amazon.

I would set it on the table and charge DW and DD's phone while we were at lunch or dinner, and I would charge my phone in my pocket while we walked around.