PDA

View Full Version : Back to back reservations magic bands question

TheVBs
05-29-2015, 03:57 PM
So, we had to book our package at a later start date than planned to get the free dining special. Then I booked a two night room only stay for the first two days we want to be there. What I'm wondering is, will we really get two sets of magic bands? I wish there were a way to combine those reservations!

Fangorn
05-29-2015, 04:13 PM
Yes. You will get two sets of bands. But you don't actually have to use both sets.

Once your reservations, bands and tickets are all active on your MDE account, either band will work during the entire timeframe of your trip (they'll also work for any future trips, provided the battery is still functional). I just got back from a trip where I had my choice of 6 bands from multiple trips and AP errors. All/any of them worked for everything.

If you don't want the second set, don't customize it. They'll still send you the grey ones (and they'll still be active on your account). You can deactivate them from your account, take them with you and turn them in to the front desk - they will recycle them for you.

Or you can pick a second color and coordinate with your wardrobe.

Steve

DizneyRox
05-30-2015, 09:42 AM
Yes, one for each reservation. Tickets are on your account, not the band's, so no worries about any of that. I'd get different colors to coordinate with what you're wearing.

TheVBs
05-31-2015, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the responses! I love the suggestion of going with different colors for coordinating with outfits. I would not have thought both bands would work through the entire trip. Good to know! :mickey:

DizneyRox
05-31-2015, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the responses! I love the suggestion of going with different colors for coordinating with outfits. I would not have thought both bands would work through the entire trip. Good to know! :mickey:
Any/all active Magic Bands will work for admission and fast pass redemption (probably charging as well). Only Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom is specific to one particular band as far as I know.

DANAM
06-01-2015, 07:27 PM
You actually may not receive the second set. We are travelling home today from a 10 day split stay and only received 1 set of bands. Disney's site kept saying hurry shipping soon. So I called a couple weeks ago and the cast member on the phone said they should be waiting for me at my second hotel but they weren't. So make sure you get the colors you want on your 1st room.