PDA

View Full Version : California Grill

Harkleroad
05-28-2015, 02:18 PM
I am making our reservations for Thanksgiving week and so far I have been very happy with the availability. My husband really wants to try some new places which means moving to signature meals. I have California Grill booked. I have heard good reviews, but I am wondering if it is really worth two credits on the dining plan. If I choose to get something less expensive like the sushi can I just pay out of pocket and my husband use his dining credits? Advice/opinions? Thanks.

Itchy
05-29-2015, 12:06 PM
We are going to California Grill on our trip in Sept. We have not been there since the remodel and should be interesting to see how the have changed things up.

As far as is it worth it. I would say in my opinion that is a place that you should try at least once. The food was always very good as was the service. If you are lucky enough to get by the window you will over look Bay lake and the Magic Kingdom.

As far as the dining credits one using them and the other not, I am not sure of that. I would just jump in there and enjoy the meal..

Hope this helps..:mickey:

#1donaldfan
05-29-2015, 12:22 PM
You can pay out of pocket for any meal, anywhere, even if you have the dinning plan. If you do that you will have two credits to use elsewhere...:mickey:

joonyer
05-29-2015, 01:00 PM
Probably the best dining experience at I've ever had at WDW. But I've never been to Victoria and Albert's, which I hear is really 5-star. I would say Cali Grill is absolutely worth it; 2 TS credits or paying OOP. Either way, you'll be glad you went.

Harkleroad
05-29-2015, 04:57 PM
Thanks! I have found that with the dining plan we get more food than we ever would normally. My husband loves that fact. I will probably pay out of pocket for myself and my 9 yr old picky eater. He will probably just want a cheese pizza, and I can't see using two kid's credits on a $9 pizza. I don't mean to sound cheap. It just seems crazy to me. Doing this will give us credits to use later in the week on something else :)