PDA

View Full Version : Il Mulino

azcavalier
05-28-2015, 09:35 AM
I'll be down at WDW by myself in early November for a conference, and I'm thinking i'll go try some places that I've never been, and when my wife is with me, will never get to try.

I am not sure yet if I will have admission to the parks. I'm not going to buy it while i'm there, but there's a chance that I will buy an AP when i'm down in September.

So, let's just assume that I will NOT have access to restaurants in the parks. Also, I have no problem going to a signature restaurant.

Here's out of park restaurants I HAVE tried, that are not in consideration, simply because I want to go somewhere new:

Boatwrights
Narcoosee's
Beaches and Cream
Trattoria Al Forno
Fork and Screen
Sanaa
Cali Grill
'Ohana
Kona Cafe
The Wave
Chef Mickey's
1900 Park Fare
Artist Point
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Wolfgang Puck's
Earl of Sandwich
Shutters at Old Port Royale

Kairi_7378
05-28-2015, 09:29 PM
I would try Jiko. I think you can sit at the bar there and eat off of the full menu.

SBETigg
05-28-2015, 10:14 PM
Il Mulino isn't a bad choice, but it wouldn't be the one I would choose. Of the Swan/Dolphin spots, Bluezoo or Shula's both have more interesting environments to suit a single diner, in my opinion. Though, after Il Mulino, you could always check out the karaoke action at Kimonos.

My top choices would be Citricos or Flying Fish, preferably at the Chef's Table. Jiko is also a good choice, but I would opt for a table for one over eating at the bar here, or again the Chef's Table. The bar is small and usually packed with people waiting for tables, so not a very enjoyable environment to dine. The tables are close together, and the atmosphere is cool, lots to look at and you might not feel so alone.