PDA

View Full Version : Osborne Lights 2015?

disneyfan328
05-27-2015, 07:24 PM
:santa3: Does anyone have any info as to whether or not the Osborne lights will be back up for 2015? :tree:I know that there have been lots of rumors and discussion that 2013 & again even 2014 might have been the last year for it. Especially since now they have closed the back lot tour:grinch:........if they do really take the city scapes down then there wouldn't be anywhere to put the lights :(

DadTriton
05-28-2015, 11:53 PM
I can't think they would do this - the lights are a huge draw.

DNS
05-29-2015, 11:09 AM
About 75% of the reason we spend much time at the studios.

disneyfan328
05-29-2015, 08:05 PM
I actually had a very nice conversation with an agent for the DVC - I got an offer to do a "phone tour" of the DVC packages in exchange for a Disney give card :) :thumbsup: During our conversation we were talking about coming around the Holidays and I mentioned that the lights were a big topic of discussion and that we loved them and hoped that they would be back up this year. She told me that in fact they would.......now I don't know how "in the know" these agents are but I am very hopeful that she is correct!!!! :cloud9:

manutd1
05-29-2015, 09:31 PM
We saw the Osborne Christmas lights in 2011. Last time we were the at that time of year. The best Christmas light arrangement I have ever seen. So, yes I hope they return also!!:thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
05-29-2015, 11:10 PM
They will be back, supposedly, in 2015... But 2016 and beyond??? Who knows... They more than likely will either be removed cause construction is expected to start some time in 2016 or be relocated...

Fun rumor: Jim Hill (the man who you must take EVERYTHING he says with a gain of salt, ok a hugh pile of salt), said Disney is planning on dropping the Osborne name and using what they love most SYNERGY, brand the light THE GREAT CHRISTMAS LIGHTS FIGHT after the TV show of the same name on ABC...

Again, this is Jim Hill... While his sources on Disney history are just fine, other sources, not so much... ;)

DNS
05-30-2015, 09:42 AM
I hate to sound totally out of the loop, but what construction would eliminate the lights?

DizneyFreak2002
05-30-2015, 12:35 PM
I hate to sound totally out of the loop, but what construction would eliminate the lights?
The upcoming DHS revamp... Streets of America is not safe at the moment from the make over... Of course, plans can change, or projects delayed... But once things get going, DHS is in for a major face lift...

DisneyGiant
05-30-2015, 01:49 PM
They will be back, supposedly, in 2015... But 2016 and beyond??? Who knows... They more than likely will either be removed cause construction is expected to start some time in 2016 or be relocated...

Fun rumor: Jim Hill (the man who you must take EVERYTHING he says with a gain of salt, ok a hugh pile of salt), said Disney is planning on dropping the Osborne name and using what they love most SYNERGY, brand the light THE GREAT CHRISTMAS LIGHTS FIGHT after the TV show of the same name on ABC...

Again, this is Jim Hill... While his sources on Disney history are just fine, other sources, not so much... ;)

I have read throughout the years that Jim's "news" is not to be trusted - and yes you did add a disclaimer....... But maybe they had a contact with the Osbourne's to use their name for X years?

That being said - it would be a HUGE mistake for DHS to eliminate these lights. HUGE. :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
05-30-2015, 02:39 PM
I have read throughout the years that Jim's "news" is not to be trusted - and yes you did add a disclaimer....... But maybe they had a contact with the Osbourne's to use their name for X years?

That being said - it would be a HUGE mistake for DHS to eliminate these lights. HUGE. :mickey:
Yep, there are always contracts, and yep, most contracts have ending dates, and are usually extended as long as it is beneficial for both parties... and this is beneficial for both parties.. But things happen... and it usually has to do with money...