PDA

View Full Version : saratoga springs tips and opinions

Crow
05-26-2015, 10:55 PM
Im not a DVC owner, but rented pts at SSR which i will be staying at Friday of next wk. wasnt really a place that i wanted to stay but the gf thought it would be nice.
any thoughts or tips

DizneyFreak2002
05-26-2015, 11:18 PM
Im not a DVC owner, but rented pts at SSR which i will be staying at Friday of next wk. wasnt really a place that i wanted to stay but the gf thought it would be nice.
any thoughts or tips
Tip? yes, enjoy!!! SSR gets a bad rap but the resort is just fine... Yes, it is spread out... And depending where you stay, you may be far from the main "house" but that isn't something a car won't fix..

Depending what you prefer, you can always request being close to a bus stop... I usually request Congress Park, over looking DTD...

Just go to the resort with an open mind (and reading your post history, you do seem to have an open mind)... You may wind up loving SSR (or at least really liking it)... I know I do...

MyDisneyworld
05-27-2015, 09:50 AM
I really like SSR also and find it very relaxing. We love going to all the pools and just walking around checking out the resort. Enjoy your trip.

sassafras
05-27-2015, 09:54 AM
We avoided Saratoga Springs like the plague until a couple of years ago. "Not our type place" Decided to go ahead and give it a one time try. Now it's our favorite resort! Very laid back and relaxing, the staff is very nice and it's close to Downtown Disney. We always request The Springs which is close to a bus stop, the Hospitality House, food court and main pool. You'll enjoy it. Have fun!

John
05-27-2015, 10:20 AM
Indeed, if you like being close to downtown Disney, then this is the resort for you. To me, its a bonus especially in off months where the park closes early. I could ask see it as a positive during peak when you just want to escape the parks. Stayed there a number of years ago at the same time as Ian and Gary - we all enjoyed our stay. Although it did lead to one of the slowest bus rides in history... Something we have talked about many times on the INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast 😊

Crow
05-27-2015, 08:49 PM
thanks all. Im sure I will enjoy it. have to see if I try the food there or at Disney Springs where i Like Raglan Rd and Paradiso. only have a studio room. is there a boat or is the walk better to Disney SPrings

JMTStone
05-28-2015, 08:29 AM
Saratoga Springs is our "home" resort and in our quest to try all the resorts, have only stayed there once. But I agree... downtown view.

I never had issues with bus service when we were there.

Through the looking Glass
05-31-2015, 06:48 PM
We will be there Saturday. We like the Grandstand section due to the first bus stop and the pool bar. If it was just me and the wife we would probably stay with a view of downtown Disney. Our stays there are always peaceful and quiet. A lil ride to the parks but with the kids it makes the excitement grow a little. We discuss our plans for the day. Boat is a 10 to 15min ride. The walk is just about the same just a lil prettier.

AndrewJackson
05-31-2015, 07:06 PM
We stayed there a few years back when we rented points. It was spread out, as mentioned in the other posts. At the time, they only had one feature pool and only one location to refill your drinks. They have since opened an additional feature pool with a pool bar. That will help. We literally had to get in the car to refill our mugs.

It lacks theming, in my opinion and feels more like an apartment complex.

The good news is that it is one of the cheapest DVC resorts to rent points, and almost always has openings. There is a rental service that we have used in the past, and they will often run last minute specials. If you take advantage, you can stay for as little as $100 a night for a studio.

With the re-theming of Downtown Disney, and all the great restaurants, I think SSR is more attractive than it was.

TheHD
06-01-2015, 03:36 PM
The Main pool is very beautiful at night especially when viewing it from the top-down where the waterfall pool begins. Don't miss out on the view.

tjstrike
06-02-2015, 06:17 AM
thanks all. Im sure I will enjoy it. have to see if I try the food there or at Disney Springs where i Like Raglan Rd and Paradiso. only have a studio room. is there a boat or is the walk better to Disney SPrings

There's a new bridge that makes the walk a bit shorter now from congress park to DTD marketplace, there's also a boat that launches from the springs and takes you down to the westside.

twinboyz
06-02-2015, 12:18 PM
Yeah-- what DizneyFreak said. This resort totally gets a bad rap--but it's a beautiful place.

We just got back from a week stay there:cool:.. no regrets. There is alot of walking involved. We always stay in Congress Park.. About a 7 minute walk to the main pool and Artist Pointe. We always request DTD view and have never been disappointed.

Go with an open mind and you'll enjoy it.

Have a great trip!:thumbsup:

lawgirl
06-03-2015, 07:13 PM
We have stayed there several times and really enjoyed it. It is very serene and we love walking the grounds. We've always requested Congress Park, and its about a 10 minute walk to DD, which is awesome. We had a 2 bedroom villa and it was spacious and well decorated. The Artist Palette was mostly good...the lines are confusing, and the CMs there aren't the nicest, but still overall good. I would definitely stay there again. We love being able to take the boat or walk to DD.