PDA

View Full Version : Going to WDW without going to Parks

jaredkari
05-26-2015, 09:43 PM
We are planning on visiting WDW in mid-June with our 1 and 3 year old boys. We are not going to go to the parks. We are just going to resort hop and take advantage of all there is to do without going into a park. Any tips on some fun things to do?:mickey:

IloveJack
05-26-2015, 10:50 PM
We are going to be there in July for a full day plus the night before and the morning after, without entering the parks. On our arrival evening, we're having dinner at Trails End and then visit Chip/Dale at the campfire. On our full day, we plan to eat breakfast at Chef Mickey's, then spend the day swimming and going to Downtown Disney, and watch the Electric Water Pageant and Wishes from outside the MK.

goofy-4-disney
05-27-2015, 01:16 PM
At WDW there are plenty of activities to keep you busy without having to go into the parks. One possibility is to ride the monorail. You can do the resort loop at the MK resorts and resort hop that way or ride it to Epcot and take a quick loop around the park and see the sights. Another thing to do is explore the Boardwalk. At nighttime you can catch Illuminations there.

John
05-27-2015, 02:05 PM
Can't say I've ever done a vacation without going in the parks but we have done days here and there. Especially arrival day when we didn't want to burn an admission to the park after a certain time. I have done the resort hop or ridden the monorail on both looks. Also have shopped in Downtown Disney etc. Certainly there is plenty to do besides the parks - and we tend to forget that. It would just be tough to be there for multiple days and not go in...

#1donaldfan
05-27-2015, 02:05 PM
After going so many years I have become to love our non-park days. We resort hop and play by the pool. We run in the mornings, nap afterwards, and just lounge around. Maybe throw a bit of shopping in there......:mickey:

azcavalier
05-27-2015, 02:42 PM
Pools, Ft. Wilderness, Downtown Disney, Boardwalk, or just go out to a beach. Tons of things to do without going into a park. I'm going to a conference at Coronado Springs on Nov. 1 - 4th. They have paid for one night in Epcot, but besides that I won't be going to a park. I plan to eat at a couple of places I haven't tried, do Downtown Disney, and go golfing at Lake Buena Vista Golf Course. It's going to be fun!

gratuspater
05-27-2015, 07:21 PM
There are the miniature golf courses, across from the Dolphin hotel. The surrey bike rentals (boardwalk hotel) are fun for the family. We rented one when our boys were a little older than that, we rented a 2 person/pedal bike. The oldest boy sat between us and the youngest sat in the front basket and rang the bell. Also at night the boardwalk has lots of outside entertainers, and a decent view of illuminations, from one of the bridges between the hotels. Most of the hotels have family activities in the evenings, like outdoor movies or roasting marshmallows, usually somewhere near the DVC community halls. There are firework cruises available at some of the marinas. Yep, I do enjoy just relaxing outside of the parks! Have Fun!

LovinWDW
05-28-2015, 08:13 AM
Boardwalk at night, arcade at Beach Club, watch Wishes from Poly beach, Carriage ride at PO, Beaches and Cream for an ice cream treat, Down Town Disney, Minature golf, swimming, movies by the pools at night, Monorail loops, Boat rides at SSR-PO-WLV and to and from MK, Go visit AKL and WL if you haven't seen them before. The lobbies are awesome. Pirate cruises for the kids, fireworks cruise for the family, dinner at Calif Grill for the fireworks, La Nuba, have fun!

DANAM
06-01-2015, 07:47 PM
We are just coming home from a 10 day trip and my DH and I just said we needed at least 2 days to do non park things. I don't know where you are staying but I could have spent a whole day at the Yacht and Beach Club Pool. Beaches and Creme is a must do. Keep checking daily if you don't see and ADR. Worse case you can do the walk up window. The bikes on the boardwalk are so much fun. Pizza on the Boardwalk is yummy. Your little ones maybe too small for mini golf but its walking distance from Boardwalk area. But go right at 10am so you don't have to wait. Campfire and Movies at your hotel. Downtown Disney during the day (as long as its not a weekend) is nice. Make sure you stop and watch the cars that float. There is a nice seating area by it. I would also hit up as many hotels as I could. Pick a restaurant or 2 from each section and try places outside the parks. There are some awesome places to eat.

ANG
06-02-2015, 11:29 AM
I've always wanted to visit and resort hop but the park draw is so tempting! Hope you have fun! I'd visit DD more, seeing a movie and going to Splitsville.