PDA

View Full Version : Episode 77 - You Don?t Look So Bobble Headish

John
05-25-2015, 09:50 PM
The INTERCOT Insider Live Disney Podcast
Episode 77 - You Don't Look So Bobble Headish
The Cast: Melanie Bounds, Carol Robert, Michael Montanez, Cindy Jachrimo, Ian Mitchell & John Yaglenski

- Why we run - Registration for Marathon Weekend pretty much done. Went very quick. Charity registration may be available.
- We need new cowbells
- John did his first half marathon ever
- Disneyland's Diamond Celebration
- Shopping Bags & Purses
- Hatbox Ghost Returns
- John is running on fumes
- Free Dining Fiasco
- Does the dining plan make sense really?
- Concert series at Universal and Disney
- The difference between Sounds Like Summer and Eat to the Beat
- Take It or Leave It - Sounds Like Summer - 4-2 take it!
- Opps we offended someone on Facebook
- Walls down in the studio - up goes the stage.
- Tokyo Disney Resort announces large expansion, including Frozen land
- And We're Out...

>> Listen, Download, Share, Love, Tell 100 Friends.... (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2015/episode-77.asp)

PopPhan
05-26-2015, 11:32 AM
Ian brought up a vignette to share when he was talking about the Pirates rehab being put off....

On my trip in April/May, we got on the ride and the CM put 4 of us in the front row....If anyone has seen a photo of me, you can tell that I am not a small guy (5'9" ~300#)...Add to that my younger sister and her wife who are on the Pooh-sized list themselves. My elder sister (on her first visit) was wedged in the middle of us....

Can anybody tell me what would (did) happen at the bottom of the (short) drop???? Oh yeah....3 of us got soaked! That much weight in the nose of the boat created a wall of water. Only my elder sister, who was blocked by the other three of us, stayed dry.

Now, on to the other items in the podcast.....

Take It or Leave It -- Take It! For two reasons: One - The concerts eat up crowds and make it easier to get around EPCOT. Whether to get on rides in Future World, or just to get around World Showcase. (Of course, they can make crowds larger for Illuminations, but I have my place for that and cannot believe that it is almost never taken when I get there.) Two - Often, the bands that they get in are ones that I would enjoy listening to, so I can get a "free" (Yes, I know nothing is free at a Disney Park) mini-concert from someone I actually might WANT to hear.

"Free" Dining -- OK, I must say that I had (keyword HAD) been a fan of this in the past. I still enjoy having that meals paid for in advance, but I am finding that I really don't need, or want, to eat so much when visiting the parks. AND that fact that it takes so much time out of touring is becoming more of a detriment than a boon. I think this was just knocked into my head on this past trip...I took my sister for her first ever Disney vacation for 5 nights/5 1/2 days and Denise at Magical Journeys got us into Port Orleans Riverside on a % discount that I had received in the mail. (Many thanks, Denise!!!!) I purchased the dining plan (yes, I know....MISTAKE) with the money we saved, as much to make sure we had nice places to eat as to make sure we got to see a couple of the other resorts. We missed out on a lot of park time by having to travel to and from our selected restaurants. I do believe that this will be a "Leave It" from now on.

Last, but certainly not least, Congratulations to the entire Run INTERCOT team for both competing and for raising so much for a great cause!! You are all heroes in anyone's book!!

cer
05-26-2015, 12:09 PM
- Opps we offended someone on Facebook

>> Listen, Download, Share, Love, Tell 100 Friends.... (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2015/episode-77.asp)

Um...well...I certainly did not intend to hijack the podcast :blush:

And in my defense, I was not complaining, I was just informing y'all that there was a pic that just possibly you might not have meant to post...

"Was it cause we had beer in the picture?" and then John says "Have they listened to the podcast?" - so funny.

Great podcast, as always!

John
05-26-2015, 12:14 PM

And in my defense, I was not complaining, I was just informing y'all that there was a pic that just possibly you might not have meant to post...

"Was it cause we had beer in the picture?" and then John says "Have they listened to the podcast?" - so funny.

Great podcast, as always!

I re-listened to the episode and this was the hardest I laughed in a while... The podcast came to a screeching halt when this happened.

conan617
05-26-2015, 02:41 PM
There was a Duff Smorgasbord in or near Kissimmee back in the mid 80s. I was very familiar with the place as my Dad, in his effort to save money, made us eat there 4 or 5 days of a 10 day trip. His thought process was to fill up once during the day so we didn't have to eat the other meals.

There may be an underlying psychological effect in there somewhere as to why I try to hit as many different restaurants as possible on each trip.

John
05-26-2015, 04:13 PM
There was a Duff Smorgasbord in or near Kissimmee back in the mid 80s. I was very familiar with the place as my Dad, in his effort to save money, made us eat there 4 or 5 days of a 10 day trip. His thought process was to fill up once during the day so we didn't have to eat the other meals.

There may be an underlying psychological effect in there somewhere as to why I try to hit as many different restaurants as possible on each trip.

You can't get enough of that wonderful Duffs! Wait - wrong show.

Anyway, I remember as a kid loving a) the chicken b) the mac and cheese and c) the ice cream machines.

Good times, good times...

Fangorn
05-26-2015, 08:53 PM
I, for one, DO know about Furr's Cafeteria. Ahhhh

Strange that a guy from Seattle and a guy from Portland both know about a restaurant chain from Texas...

Steve

NotaGeek
05-27-2015, 11:59 PM
I, for one, DO know about Furr's Cafeteria. Ahhhh

Strange that a guy from Seattle and a guy from Portland both know about a restaurant chain from Texas...

Steve

YAYYYY!

Oh man I would eat a chicken fried steak and some fried okra RIGHT NOW!

JMTStone
05-28-2015, 01:38 PM
I can't wait for #cheerICOT #runICOT weekend!

I loved singing along with Christine at Stayin' Alive! I didn't shush Mel but I did get to meet the band with Christine's help.

Mendelson
06-05-2015, 02:54 PM
Just got back from six days at WDW (and a seven-day Fantasy cruise) and did not do the dining plan for the main reason that I like the freedom to eat what I want. Those enormous and beautiful caramel apples? We bought four of those. Plus other snacks that don't count as "snacks" on the DP. I don't want to be so full from the dining plan that I can't eat the little yummy things when I want.

Lacy
06-12-2015, 10:31 PM
Not sure I'm remembering correctly - but did I hear that Mel and maybe others will be at the DL Half in September???? It would be great to get some Cheer ICOT on the west coast! So impressive what you all have accomplished getting others interested in RunDisney and raising money for a great cause!

And just to add support to people who know about Furr's cafeteria - we had those in Denver!

Melanie
06-15-2015, 07:54 AM
Not sure I'm remembering correctly - but did I hear that Mel and maybe others will be at the DL Half in September???? It would be great to get some Cheer ICOT on the west coast! So impressive what you all have accomplished getting others interested in RunDisney and raising money for a great cause!

And just to add support to people who know about Furr's cafeteria - we had those in Denver!

Sorry, I'm just seeing this, Lacy! Yes, we'll be there. runDisney, west coast style, is awesome. Different, but awesome. Counting the days!!!

JMTStone
07-02-2015, 12:47 AM
Sorry, I'm just seeing this, Lacy! Yes, we'll be there. runDisney, west coast style, is awesome. Different, but awesome. Counting the days!!!

I've missed my chance to get Coast to Coast. But its actually a good thing since I had surgery on 6/8 and can't start training until 7/6. I know... I'm probably ok to finish a 1/2 since I just did one in May and kept up with the standard training.

But someday, I will get that Coast to Coast medal.

Can't wait to hear about Disneyland and the 60th stuff they're doing. Our first trip there is the last week of October.

The other Mel

Ian
07-03-2015, 06:39 PM

Great podcast, as always!Uh yeah this was really, really funny ... we were all so confused and then we were like, "OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH!!!!" :eek: