PDA

View Full Version : Vero Beach! Am I crazy?

buzznwoodysmom
05-25-2015, 02:59 PM
So, a little background. We only have around 3 nights available for a little getaway this summer. Between work, drivers ed, military training, and football practice all summer we don't have a ton of time available. DH's military schedule changed a few times as well, which adds to our indecision. We have been all over the map about where to go.

We have considered the beach (6 hours away), Grapevine, Texas (6-7 hours away), Big Cedar Lodge (10 hours away). We also considered 4 nights at Universal during the first week of summer break, but a military schedule change threw that out the window. In the end we all really want to go to the beach.

After seeing Intercot's Vero Beach pics over the weekend I am really missing it! Am I completely crazy to even consider driving over 12 hours for 3 nights in Vero? We have gorgeous beaches just 6 hours from home. I just really miss Vero Beach, it's been years once our last visit there, and we have been to Destin, Florida (our original beach destination) for the past consecutive 2-3 years.

We can leave a night early after work and drive about half way. That would give us a half day on our first day in Vero. That's around the same amount of time we planned to have on our first day in Destin.

Completely crazy??? Or "life is too short - go for it!"????

faline
05-25-2015, 04:02 PM
It that's what you really want, then go for it.

Mickey'sGirl
05-25-2015, 04:12 PM
I would definitely do it.

MNNHFLTX
05-25-2015, 04:17 PM
With such a short window I personally wouldn't do it, not with Destin (which is one of the nicest beaches in the U.S.) or one of the other gulf beaches so much closer. I would hate to spend that extra time driving when I could be relaxing by the beach. But then I am not a huge fan of long road trips and that stretch of road from the panhandle to the east coast of Florida always seems so tedious to me. But the bottom line is if you're okay with it, Denise, then go for it. :sun: