PDA

View Full Version : Journey of the Little Mermaid

ajwgroomer
05-23-2015, 07:14 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else think they should've made Journey of the Little Mermaid a water ride? I was highly disappointed when I saw it wasn't b/c to me it just makes sense for it to be water, like Small World. Don't get me wrong it was super cute but I feel if it were on water it would've been better....

Altair
05-23-2015, 07:20 PM
It is a water ride. You go under the water at the beginning of it. ;)

manutd1
05-23-2015, 09:21 PM
I really love the water rides...I hear Animal Kingdom will be getting one with Avatar theme.
My daughter love this attraction...But, Yes, I would like it to be boat ride like POTC. But, as is, Its very well themed.
Excellent attraction.

DizneyFreak2002
05-23-2015, 09:38 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else think they should've made Journey of the Little Mermaid a water ride? I was highly disappointed when I saw it wasn't b/c to me it just makes sense for it to be water, like Small World. Don't get me wrong it was super cute but I feel if it were on water it would've been better....
Water ride? No... It is better off as a dark ride not a water ride... Wouldn't work.. How are you riding a boat on the water when 99% of the ride takes place under water? Simulating you going under the sea is the right move to make... They could have just done a better job with the ride... It isn't all that good...

Melanie
05-24-2015, 06:24 PM
Yeah, not sure how it would be believable as a water ride. I think how they handle going 'under the sea' is very well done. I like the attraction. It's a classic dark ride, and as a Disney fan, I appreciate that.