PDA

View Full Version : Random question

Cinderelley
05-23-2015, 09:24 AM
Wasn't there a Disney CEO that shareholders pushed out?

goofy for pluto
05-23-2015, 11:14 AM
You might be referring to Michael Eisner..
On March 3, 2004, at Disney's annual shareholders' meeting, a surprising and unprecedented 43% of Disney's shareholders, predominantly rallied by former board members Roy Disney and Stanley Gold, withheld their proxies to re-elect Eisner to the board. Disney's board then gave the chairmanship position to board member George Mitchell. However, the board did not immediately remove Eisner as chief executive.
On March 13, 2005, Eisner announced that he would step down as CEO one year before his contract expired. On September 30, Eisner resigned both as an executive and as a member of the board of directors, and, severing all formal ties with the company, he waived his contractual rights to perks such as the use of a corporate jet and an office at the company's Burbank headquarters.
Source: Wikipedia

Cinderelley
05-23-2015, 07:53 PM
Thank you. That is who I was thinking of, but I couldn't think of his name to look up the specifics.

John
05-23-2015, 08:04 PM
Shame. In retrospect, he was probably the best CEO when paired with Frank Wells the company has had since Walt passed.

Cinderelley
05-23-2015, 08:23 PM
Someone was telling me that shareholders had no say in companies, and that was the example that came to my mind.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-10-2015, 09:06 PM
When he first came on board, he was just the shot in the arm that the company needed. He really did a lot to grow the company. The problem came when he thought it was HIS company to do what he wanted.

Tink1
06-10-2015, 10:08 PM
When he first came on board, he was just the shot in the arm that the company needed. He really did a lot to grow the company. The problem came when he thought it was HIS company to do what he wanted.

Agree.

Paired with Frank Wells, they balanced each other out well. After Wells untimely, unfortunate death Eisner's ego growth got the best of him.

Nanc