PDA

View Full Version : Transportation from Park to the Park?

VacationDisney
05-21-2015, 12:15 PM
We never noticed this, until our recent visit, but when did Disney offer transportation from one park to the other?

We were waiting at MK to return to AKL. We "thought" we got on the right bus, said "Animal Kingdom" and since it was 9:00 pm we "assumed" it was going to the lodge. To our surprise we pull into the Animal Kingdom Park:confused:

We were the only ones on the bus and we told the driver we thought we were headed to the lodge. He contacted transportation and he was given the OK to take us to the lodge:thumbsup:

I know someone here will know the answer to this! Thanks!!

faline
05-21-2015, 12:24 PM
Not sure how long but it has been quite a while since park to park transportation has been offered. I'm surprised it was still going to Animal Kingdom, though, at that time of night - guess there must have still been people who parked there and went on to other destinations.

VacationDisney
05-21-2015, 12:46 PM
That is exactly why the bus was going there. The driver said people had left their cars there and Disney was providing bus service so that guests could get their cars after guests went to other parks.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-21-2015, 12:55 PM
I'm not sure the exact date, but I remember using it a couple of trips ago. We did the "4 parks 1 day" thing, and took every form of park-to-park transport we could find ... monorail, :bus: & :sail:

cspenc28
05-21-2015, 01:26 PM
I want to say it has been a while. I know when I was 21 I went with my parents, we stayed in Daytona, but did a day at the parks...and hit all 4 parks. That was 9 years ago...I'm drawing a blank at my trips prior to that one.

Pooh Fan
05-21-2015, 03:45 PM
I noticed it last September but don"t recall seeing it on previous trips.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
06-03-2015, 02:09 PM
We used park to park busing when our entire family went to Disney back in 2001. Its been around for a while.

4disneynuts
06-03-2015, 04:02 PM
I believe this is something relatively new within the last couple of years. I know when we were at MK a couple years ago they were adding more bus stalls and we were told it was to accomodate buses going from park to park and to DTD.

You could always take the monorail between Epcot and MK or boat from Epcot to Hollywood Studios but I believe that was about it. I don't recall ever being able to take a bus from park to park or to DTD from a park.

Also a couple years ago when we were at Animal Kingdom they were doing a test with buses to other parks.

VWL Mom
06-03-2015, 08:13 PM
Just noticed this week, bus service from MK to DHS.

Disney4us2
06-05-2015, 05:52 AM
A few years back we did the 4 parks. Started at AK, bussed to DHS. Took the boat to Epcot and then the monorail to MK. Actually it was to the Contemporary for dinner and then on to MK. That was back in 2011, so it's been going on for a while.

Melanie
06-05-2015, 06:31 AM
Just noticed this week, bus service from MK to DHS.

Just to verify - this is from the MK bus area, correct? Not the Transportation Ticket Center? Or is it both?

DizneyRox
06-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Unless they stopped and restarted, they have been doing this for years. They also used to run TO (not FROM) DTD. It may be seasonal, we always go during prime times, but the idea is nothing new.

We have found that its pretty easy to just grab the first closest bus. Going to MK, take contemporary or grand (often the bus to the grand has fewer people on it) instead of the MK bus that you know has more people in line than there are seats.

Getting around WDW is not hard...

VWL Mom
06-08-2015, 07:59 PM
Just to verify - this is from the MK bus area, correct? Not the Transportation Ticket Center? Or is it both?

It was from the MK bus area (first set), WL is #2 and DHS was running from #8. Not sure about TTC.