PDA

View Full Version : Disneybounding????

disney obsessed
05-20-2015, 09:54 AM
I just read something on this......when did it get a name and why this??

AgentC
05-20-2015, 10:30 AM
I'm sure it is something people have done for years but the current trend comes from the Disney Bound tumblr blog run by Leslie Kay. She started a blog with fashion ideas for her Disney trip 4 or 5 years ago and it just exploded from there.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
05-20-2015, 10:30 AM
I'll bet the name came from the Tumblr page that has the looks people are copying for the 'costumes'.
I guess it is a good way to honor your favorite character as an adult without breaking the park rules by wearing the actual costume.
I personally don't have the time to assemble nor the money to purchase special clothes for this.

Tinky-Bell
05-20-2015, 12:23 PM
I personally don't have the time to assemble nor the money to purchase special clothes for this.

You don't need to spend any money on this. It's as simple as wearing the right colors. It can be really subtle. For example, one day this past trip, I wore a red top, yellow pants, and red sneakers. So I was "Disney-bounding" as Mickey without wearing a costume or spending any money. I just wore what I already had in my closet.

And I carry this cute polka dot purse that sort of reminds you of Minnie Mouse without being overly "Minnie-ish" (got it on Etsy).

Anyway, it's fun to do and you don't have to spend too much of your hard-earned money. Just open your closet and see what you already have! :mickey:

Nora

John
05-20-2015, 12:28 PM
We talked about this on the podcast a number of episodes back. Then the last time I as at the parks, Christine pointed it out to me on a number of occasions. It can indeed be very subtle but once you spot it, you get it.

MNNHFLTX
05-20-2015, 01:03 PM
I always wondered where it came from. I think it's a fun idea.

Goofeygal
05-20-2015, 01:06 PM
Tinkey-Bell I love that idea for closthing.:mickey:

Melanie
05-20-2015, 05:37 PM
I love it! My friend's daughter introduced it to me a few years ago, and I think some of the stuff they come up with is adorable. The more subtle, the better.

Cinderelley
05-20-2015, 11:12 PM
I had to go look this up. Very creative, but I have nothing like this in my closet. I have jeans and scrubs. :P

TheVBs
05-23-2015, 01:40 PM
I first heard about this before our last trip and had a lot of fun looking for people who were doing it. I think it's such a cute, fun idea!

Speedy1998
05-26-2015, 12:55 PM
It can lead to some really cute pictures.

On our last trip my 13 year old daughter was wearing a red and white polka dot dress, with Minnie Mouse ears. We were in HS studios at rope drop, and most of our party went to ride Star Tours. My wife an daughter went over to the Art of Animation while they waited for the rest of us, and ran into Minnie Mouse wearing a red and white Polka Dot dress.

The pictures turned out great.

Terra
06-10-2015, 05:35 PM
I had not heard of this until now! **Off to Google** :)
We don't have a big budget at all either, so loving the easy and cheap/free ideas using what you already have!!

Terra
06-10-2015, 05:38 PM
DP sorry :blush:

mickeys_princess_mom
08-03-2015, 09:02 PM
I had NO idea what this was until the 24 hour Celebration in May, when people were encouraged to wear costumes. I chose Mary Poppins, Jolly Holiday style, and created the hat, a white shift with a tiny red belt, lace socks and eyelet Keds--something I could bear in the 95 degree temperatures and still keep to the idea. Made a parrot umbrella to match. It was SOOOOOO much fun, as I was the only Mary I saw, and people seemed to be so excited to see me! More than one CM chased me down to comment. :blush: I was just so happy young people still knew who Mary was and loved 'her'! After a few people admired my outfit and that I was "Disneybounding", I had to Google it to see what that meant! :confused:
Had a good laugh cause I had no clue I was part of a trend! :D
Sooo I was wondering......Just found out we are going soon for a quick weekend trip......If I wore just the hat again, but with a white tank top and shorts, is that pushing things? It was just so much fun! I'm going to need a hat anyway....Want to follow the rules though....I'd leave the umbrella, etc. at home, and I look nothing like Mary Poppins, except in my heart...:blush: