PDA

View Full Version : Wait list

andmomlau
05-19-2015, 09:38 PM
My husband and I purchased on our trip in Dec. '13. We have stayed once at GF, our home resort, and this past March at BW. I was a few days late to book at my 11month window and couldn't get reservations. At my 7 month window, I wasn't able to get reservations at BLT, BW, BC,VWL,GF...,! I am on a wait list for a studio at BW and GF and I was able to get a 1 BR at OKW. What are the chances of getting a studio?

Hammer
05-19-2015, 10:41 PM
It really depends on your travel dates. I don't usually stay in studios (I like the larger room types) but from what I can tell they fill up quickly.

On the bright side, many people rave about the space you get staying in 1 bedrooms at OKW. You will have a full kitchen, which is great for having a quick breakfast before going to the parks. You will also have a washer and dryer in the unit.

Pirate Granny
05-20-2015, 07:27 AM
There are very limited studios at GFV I wouldn't count on getting that Wait list, I would actually drop that and add one of the more spacious studios (meaning more of them, not necessarily more room). if it's for December, you have just seen, how important it is to jump on a reservation the minute your 11 month opens. Especially for WLV and GFV as they are small resorts. Apparently, even owners are having issues booking studios at the GFV, since they are part of a lock-off. Hopefully you will snag something. We own at OKW and love it...

faline
05-20-2015, 07:42 AM
You might still have a chance at your wait list. On our last Disney World trip, we wait listed for studios at both Bay Lake Tower and the Grand Floridian (our hope was to stay at the Grand Floridian). Due to limited availability, we were booked at Animal Kingdom Kindani. First, our Bay Lake Tower waitlist came through. I still kept our Grand Floridian waitlist open. A few weeks later, that opened up and we ended up being able to stay at the Grand Floridian.

That said, a one bedroom at Old Key West is quite lovely!!

andmomlau
05-21-2015, 09:34 PM
Thanks so much! Takes awhile getting the hang of the booking. We are going early Dec.-4th-7th. Out first stay with the dvc was this past December and we were able to get out home resort...GF. I have no real problem with OKW...has it been refurbished recently?

Checkers
05-21-2015, 10:37 PM
Thanks so much! Takes awhile getting the hang of the booking. We are going early Dec.-4th-7th. Out first stay with the dvc was this past December and we were able to get out home resort...GF. I have no real problem with OKW...has it been refurbished recently?

It was refurbished a few years ago. It is one of our "homes" and we love it there! You are going to love the size of the one bedroom, too. It not only has a full size washer and dryer but a separate laundry room.:mickey:

Priority Four
05-22-2015, 03:23 PM
Wait lists are are harder to fill in Dec. Fewer people cancel because you may be loosing points forever if you do (better to rent them and get something). I don't recall the cutoff window is to cancel and still be able to bank the points. Your best chance to get a wait list may be whenever that is.